I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 2 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 3 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 4 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 5 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 6 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 7 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 8 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 9 Car Rental in Iceland
- 10 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)
- 11 Transposed names on TGV tickets
- 12 Nice, Avignon, and Lyon
- 13 scotland trave;
- 14 Italy food budget
- 15 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 16 Family trip to France with kids
- 17 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 18 help please: draft itinery trip to andalucia with DD(11&14) in april
- 19 Leaving Tomorrow need some last minute advice
- 20 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 21 Restaurant Recommendations - Pula or Rovinj
- 22 A week in spain
- 23 Family travel to Paris and Alps
- 24 Private driver Amalfi Coast
- 25 Lyon, Beaune, or Dijon as stopover from Antibes to Colmar?