I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
View all Europe activity »
- 1 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 2 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 3 How early to get to CDG
- 4 Venice in Jan
- 5 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 6 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 16 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 17 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 19 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 Prague Main Train Station
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 woman dining alone in Barcelona: where to eat?
- 25 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland