I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Paris in April?
- 3 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 4 car rental companies Italy
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 7 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 8 Toulouse and beyond -
- 9 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 10 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 11 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 12 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 13 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 14 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 19 A drive in Europe
- 20 London hotel
- 21 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 22 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 23 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto