I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
- 1 First time student to Europe- Need help with ticket purchase and itinerary
- 2 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 3 2 days to get from Paris to Rome
- 4 Drive or Train ?? - Lausanne-Interlaken-Zurich
- 5 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 6 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 7 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 8 Need help in deciding!! Trip in end of July
- 9 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 10 Turkey - through the back doors of Truckstops and Business Hotels...
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 Olive Oil Tasting in Tuscany
- 13 Tolls on Grossglockner Alpine Road
- 14 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 15 Stop over in France
- 16 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 17 Vatican Guided Tours Questions
- 18 Beaune Hotel or B&B Recommendation Please
- 19 Paris Museum Pass--Where best for us to purchase?
- 20 Family Trip in July - General Guidance Would be Appreciated
- 21 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 22 2 weeks in Slovenia and Croatia--Need help planning
- 23 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 24 Northern Italy
- 25 Home base in Provence in July