I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 2 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 3 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 5 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 6 Gift for French business associate
- 7 White Christmas
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Once Again Asking .... This Time Ireland
- 10 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 Scotland Votes "No"
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 15 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 16 Bodrum to instanbul
- 17 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 18 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 19 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 20 Italy tours
- 21 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 22 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 23 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 24 Globus Tours
- 25 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?