I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England sites not to miss
- 2 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 3 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 4 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 5 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 6 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 7 Apartment Madrid location/review
- 8 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 9 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 10 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 13 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 14 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 15 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 16 Taxi service in Nice
- 17 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 18 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 19 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 22 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 23 Trip to Pyrenees
- 24 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 25 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!