I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 2 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 3 Schengen Visa Rules
- 4 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 5 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 6 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 7 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 8 Small Towns Spain(Catalonia,LaRioja,Navarra,Basque)w/ trip to Bordeaux
- 9 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 10 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 11 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 12 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 13 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 14 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 17 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 18 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 19 Is my plan ok
- 20 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 5 Observations About Paris
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 Southern Spain