I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Rome Airport to Montepulciano -- Toll Question
- 2 Paris-Verona Carry-On Question
- 3 Top Five Tourist Attractions of Paris
- 4 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 5 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 6 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 7 Venice - boats on canals
- 8 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 9 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 10 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 11 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 12 Trekking Poles in the UK...Where to buy
- 13 Christmas trip to Germany, what city?
- 14 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 16 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 17 Which apartment/area in London?
- 18 Driving in Germany
- 19 Which time period is preferable for summer visit to London?
- 20 Venice, just arrived
- 21 Guidance and help for Europe trip by train.
- 22 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 23 Park Guell in Barcelona
- 24 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 25 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?