I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 2 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 3 Great London Bars with a view
- 4 Art in Paris
- 5 I dream of Europe
- 6 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 7 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 8 Rental car while in Ireland
- 9 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 10 Too many Trip Reports
- 11 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 12 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 13 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 14 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 15 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 16 Reykjavik hotels
- 17 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 20 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 21 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 22 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 23 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 24 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 25 Help with England/Wales tour