I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
- 1 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 2 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 3 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 4 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 5 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 6 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 7 London at Xmas
- 8 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 9 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 10 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 11 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 12 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 13 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 14 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 15 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 16 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?
- 17 Discount retail liquor stores - Barcelona or Madrid, Spain areas
- 18 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 19 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 20 Barcelona - eat, drink, dance.
- 21 Normandy on our own?
- 22 Train from Barcelona to Figueras, and Figueras to Perpignan
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 France by rail or car?
- 25 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?