I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 3 Tour ends in Rome
- 4 Where is this place in Denmark?
- 5 Italy- Car Rental help- in a bit of a jam
- 6 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 7 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 8 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 9 Chateau of Horovice near Prague
- 10 Italy tours
- 11 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 12 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 13 Barcelona free tours??
- 14 London GTG late September?
- 15 Giverny in early October?
- 16 train in Spain
- 17 economy car rentals
- 18 Voltage in UK and France
- 19 18 days - Turkey, Greece and Italy
- 20 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 21 Eleanor's Pages
- 22 Renfe site
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Montreuil, Rue Colbert
- 25 Spain Night Train in Recliner