I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five nights in Extremadura
- 2 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 3 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 6 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 7 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 8 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 9 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 10 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 11 Stonehenge and Bath
- 12 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 13 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 14 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 17 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 18 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 19 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 20 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 21 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 22 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 23 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 24 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 25 Live ( almost) report from Greece!