I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 2 Flam, Norway railway
- 3 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 8 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 9 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 10 Sicily Suggetions
- 11 He said , she said
- 12 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 13 car rental companies Italy
- 14 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 15 Paris in April?
- 16 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 17 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 18 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 19 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 20 quiet hotel
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Venice hotel selection
- 24 May trip to the islands
- 25 Where to stay in Rome