I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 2 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 3 21 Days in Central Europe
- 4 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 5 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 6 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 9 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 10 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 13 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 14 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 15 Nice hotel (preferably with views) in Etretat, France?
- 16 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)
- 17 Italy Itinerary - Draft
- 18 Madrid and London
- 19 3 Week Europe Itinerary Help
- 20 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 21 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 22 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 24 Airport to Piraeus
- 25 italy