I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 2 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 3 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 4 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 5 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 6 White Christmas
- 7 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 8 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 9 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 10 Gtg San Antonio
- 11 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 12 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 13 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 14 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 15 Gift for French business associate
- 16 Wine tour from Verona?
- 17 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 18 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 20 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 21 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 22 1 week Tuscany in November
- 23 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 24 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 25 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink