I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ugh, plane ticket prices
- 2 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 3 Paris Metro accessability for mobility challenged
- 4 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 5 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 6 Paris and where else?
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 9 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 10 Dollhouse furniture
- 11 3 weeks in Sicily
- 12 Help with a short post-cruise stay in (potentially) Sorrento
- 13 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 14 Italy in October
- 15 Olive oil disaster in 2014
- 16 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 17 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 18 Best Way To Pay For the Tube
- 19 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 tipping wait staff and others
- 22 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 Torn between 3 apartments in Paris
- 25 Living like a local (sort of) in London