I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 2 Raining in rome
- 3 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 4 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 5 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 6 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 7 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 8 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 9 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 10 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 11 İstanbul Travel guide
- 12 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 13 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 14 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 15 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 16 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 17 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 18 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 19 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 20 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 21 Italian Lakes
- 22 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 23 Amsterdam and An Amputee
- 24 Dolomites - Where to stay!
- 25 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience