I am taking my 2 daughters on this trip as their high school graduation celebration. I figure it may be the last time they want to travel anywhere with me! We have never been to the UK so am planning a week in London and a week in Edinburgh and the highlands (not including travel time). We'll fly open jaw, not sure where we will start yet. I think we have our London itinerary figured out, but the girls are Harry Potter fans and, aside from a day trip out to the Warner Bros HP tour, they would like to fit in Alnwick Castle. They are also interested in seeing Hadrian's Wall. My question is, would it be better to see those on our way to/from Edinburgh or do them as a seperate trip from Edinburgh? I was not planning on renting a car in England, but travelling to/from Edinburgh by train or air, staying for 3 days there and renting a car for the highlands portion. Not sure if we can get to these places easily by train. Any suggestions on how to fit Alnwick and Hadrian's Wall into our trip? TIA!
planning June 2013 trip to london and scotland-advice please
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FCO-area hotel advice, family of 4 with young children
- 2 history museums or locations
- 3 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 4 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 5 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 6 Greek Seas- Sailing on the Mediterranean
- 7 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 8 Andalucia by car or train???? please help
- 9 Good times in Munich, the city
- 10 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 11 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 12 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 13 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 14 Lake Como transportation questions
- 15 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 16 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 17 Crete, Rhodes... or?
- 18 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 19 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 20 By train to and out of Prague
- 21 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 22 Cylades Island Hopping
- 23 Looking for advice on Christmas Market trip (Germany)
- 24 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 25 Italy dolomites