My husband and my sister are planning to go to France in October for about three weeks. We are in our late 20's, our first time in France. We definitely would like to visit Paris and stay for about 6 nights. Upon my perusing of fodors, Dordogne keeps coming up and seems to be a beautiful place to visit. Were also considering Nice. So far. those are the 3 places we would like to visit. We like to sight see, walk, experince the food, culture and views. We would probably hit up only few places and stay there and possibly do day trips. Were from Toronto so will likely fly from there but dont know if its a good idea to fly out from CDG as well. My questions: Are Dordogne and Nice good places to visit in October? I know that trains regularly run between places, but I have also read that you need a car in going places in town, i.e. Dordogne. What are some accomodatons you can suggest? How much money should we set aside for our trip, excluding airfare? I know that its very subjective but I'd say for an average person that wish to have a great time to experience France and does not want/expect luxury. Any advices and help are welcome. Nothing has been booked yet. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 4 Barcelona
- 5 "Never Mind"
- 6 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 7 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 8 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 9 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 10 Germany family road trip help!
- 11 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 12 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 13 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 16 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 17 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 18 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 19 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 20 who is in amsterdam?
- 21 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 22 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 23 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 24 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 25 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!