My husband and my sister are planning to go to France in October for about three weeks. We are in our late 20's, our first time in France. We definitely would like to visit Paris and stay for about 6 nights. Upon my perusing of fodors, Dordogne keeps coming up and seems to be a beautiful place to visit. Were also considering Nice. So far. those are the 3 places we would like to visit. We like to sight see, walk, experince the food, culture and views. We would probably hit up only few places and stay there and possibly do day trips. Were from Toronto so will likely fly from there but dont know if its a good idea to fly out from CDG as well. My questions: Are Dordogne and Nice good places to visit in October? I know that trains regularly run between places, but I have also read that you need a car in going places in town, i.e. Dordogne. What are some accomodatons you can suggest? How much money should we set aside for our trip, excluding airfare? I know that its very subjective but I'd say for an average person that wish to have a great time to experience France and does not want/expect luxury. Any advices and help are welcome. Nothing has been booked yet. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verizon@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 3 Iceland france spain
- 4 Ex-pats with young kids
- 5 Maximizing Norway time
- 6 Greece
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 southeast sicily town as home base
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 13 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 14 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 15 London with Teens Trip Report
- 16 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 17 Top Tapas Tascas
- 18 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 19 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 20 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 21 Iceland car rental agencies
- 22 Ludwig Castles
- 23 Best Viking Sites
- 24 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 25 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question