My husband and my sister are planning to go to France in October for about three weeks. We are in our late 20's, our first time in France. We definitely would like to visit Paris and stay for about 6 nights. Upon my perusing of fodors, Dordogne keeps coming up and seems to be a beautiful place to visit. Were also considering Nice. So far. those are the 3 places we would like to visit. We like to sight see, walk, experince the food, culture and views. We would probably hit up only few places and stay there and possibly do day trips. Were from Toronto so will likely fly from there but dont know if its a good idea to fly out from CDG as well. My questions: Are Dordogne and Nice good places to visit in October? I know that trains regularly run between places, but I have also read that you need a car in going places in town, i.e. Dordogne. What are some accomodatons you can suggest? How much money should we set aside for our trip, excluding airfare? I know that its very subjective but I'd say for an average person that wish to have a great time to experience France and does not want/expect luxury. Any advices and help are welcome. Nothing has been booked yet. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 5 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 6 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 7 Matera tour guide wanted
- 8 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Service dog
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 21 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco