My husband and my sister are planning to go to France in October for about three weeks. We are in our late 20's, our first time in France. We definitely would like to visit Paris and stay for about 6 nights. Upon my perusing of fodors, Dordogne keeps coming up and seems to be a beautiful place to visit. Were also considering Nice. So far. those are the 3 places we would like to visit. We like to sight see, walk, experince the food, culture and views. We would probably hit up only few places and stay there and possibly do day trips. Were from Toronto so will likely fly from there but dont know if its a good idea to fly out from CDG as well. My questions: Are Dordogne and Nice good places to visit in October? I know that trains regularly run between places, but I have also read that you need a car in going places in town, i.e. Dordogne. What are some accomodatons you can suggest? How much money should we set aside for our trip, excluding airfare? I know that its very subjective but I'd say for an average person that wish to have a great time to experience France and does not want/expect luxury. Any advices and help are welcome. Nothing has been booked yet. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV
- 2 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 5 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 6 Petrol in Greece
- 7 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 8 We're here!
- 9 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 10 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 6-7 Days in France
- 15 International Flight Question
- 16 5 Days in Switzerland
- 17 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 20 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 21 Bremerhaven and environs
- 22 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base