I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 3 Germany and Austria trip report
- 4 Manchester on derby weekend
- 5 Itinerary help please!
- 6 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 7 France to stop making foie grois
- 8 Greece Experts
- 9 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 10 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 11 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 12 Laundry - Ireland?
- 13 Visiting the Black Forest
- 14 http://x4up.org/vitalpeak-xt/
- 15 Iceland in 9 nights in late September
- 16 Dover queues
- 17 Naples or Genoa
- 18 Puglia
- 19 My greece vacation
- 20 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 21 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 22 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 23 From London to Paris to US
- 24 Barcelona Car rental return
- 25 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands