I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Graz in January
- 2 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 3 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 4 TIM in FCO - update
- 5 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 Malaga Spain
- 8 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 9 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 10 London Hotel - Different Request
- 11 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 12 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 13 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 14 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 15 Cartagena Spain
- 16 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 17 Ibiiza Spain
- 18 Iceland trip report!
- 19 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 20 Seville to Cordoba
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 3 nights in Madrid
- 25 Personalised Experiences for Tourists
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands