I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 11 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Perugia
- 15 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 St Denis Cathedral
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands