I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Month
- 2 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 3 London: Where to watch Ryder Cup Sat/Sun afternoons?
- 4 OMG! Just realized I'll be in London the same time as Raider Nation
- 5 Air France strike
- 6 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 7 Official Italy Tourism Website
- 8 19 countries in a day
- 9 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 10 Ideas for the Canary Islands
- 11 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 12 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 13 Coffee in Paris - Article from teh NYT
- 14 Athens jeweler recommendations?
- 15 Car travel within Regensburg during the Christmas season
- 16 Doges Palace; online tickets?
- 17 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 18 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 19 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 20 Airport advice- from NYC to French Alps, then onto Provence
- 21 Photographer in Paris?
- 22 See Batalha and Alcobaça while driving from Lisbon to Coimbra
- 23 Late October Germany Itinerary--Any Feedback Welcome!
- 24 Finistère Base
- 25 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg