I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 3 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 4 Scotland
- 5 itinerary help
- 6 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 7 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 8 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 9 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 10 Toulouse and beyond -
- 11 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 12 Estonia Amber
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 15 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 17 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 18 Reims for a day
- 19 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 20 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 21 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 24 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 25 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!