I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 2 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 3 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 4 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 5 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 6 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 7 First Time Solo Travel info
- 8 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 11 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 12 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 13 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 14 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 15 Europe in late January
- 16 Northern lights in December
- 17 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 18 Driving Germany to Benelux
- 19 English Countryside
- 20 Puglia or La Langhe
- 21 First time in France
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 Munich
- 24 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 25 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands