I'm planning for my driving trip in Scotland and I hope to have the opportunity to cover the northern highlands as well as the central one in 4 days. Here's my itinerary:
10/6: Reaching Edinburgh airport in the night. Pick up our rental car.
11/6: 1 whole day in Edinburgh.
12/6: Driving from Edinburgh to Inverness, through Perth, Loch Tay, Glen Lyon, Loch Ness.
13/6: Planning to go for a cruise at Moray Firth, then head down to Urquhart Castle, then drive through Glen Affric to Lairg, then to To Tongue to Durness and to Ullapool.
14/6: Driving to Fort William, probably with stops at Plockton and Kyle of Lochalsh.
15/6: Spend some time or drive through Glen Coe and head to York
16/6: Tour around York and continue to Nottingham
17/8: Tour around Nottingham and continue to London
18/8: Return the car and fly off from London
May I know if the itinerary is too ambitious? I have read a lot of reviews on Scotland Highlands, hence I hope to have the chance to at least drive through and take in as much sceneries as possible.
Thank you very much for your kind assistance!!!
Planning for a driving trip in Scotland through the Scotland Highlands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Greek sojourn
- 2 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 3 Best beach town in Italy?
- 4 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 5 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 6 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 7 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 8 57 Reasons to Love Yorkshire
- 9 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 10 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 11 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 12 Help with England/Wales tour
- 13 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 14 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 17 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 18 Will a European two prong electrical adapter work with U.S. power strip ?
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 When Christmas markets of 2014 are going to start in Tyrol in Austrian part
- 21 Cotswold Churches
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 24 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 25 Italy in October 2015