Well, we're from the US and I've already read not to be loud or rude....wouldn't be that way here, so that shouldn't be a problem. And unfortunately, DO NOT mention your Irish or Scottish heritage, which is sad because I'm proud of them, our daughter even takes Irish Dance lessons. Other than that, we were planning on renting a cottage in either Scotland or Ireland for about 3 weeks. I would love to see Culloden Field, the beautiful castles, the Tower of London. I LOVE the history of this area. Can anyone make any suggestions where would be best to stay (Scotland, Ireland, London) as our home base? Which makes most sense....which airport to fly into etc. Also some "not to be missed sites"? We will have our 10 year old daughter with us also. Thank you!!! Lisa
Planning first trip to Ireland, Scotland and London!
View all Europe activity »
- 1 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 2 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 3 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 4 Rome Accommodation
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 7 rent car / Munich
- 8 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Italian Lakes gardens
- 11 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 12 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 13 Greek islands from Turkey
- 14 Chambermaid tipping
- 15 TGV and Provence questions
- 16 Novels set in Greece
- 17 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 21 More help with housing in Puglia
- 22 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?