Well, we're from the US and I've already read not to be loud or rude....wouldn't be that way here, so that shouldn't be a problem. And unfortunately, DO NOT mention your Irish or Scottish heritage, which is sad because I'm proud of them, our daughter even takes Irish Dance lessons. Other than that, we were planning on renting a cottage in either Scotland or Ireland for about 3 weeks. I would love to see Culloden Field, the beautiful castles, the Tower of London. I LOVE the history of this area. Can anyone make any suggestions where would be best to stay (Scotland, Ireland, London) as our home base? Which makes most sense....which airport to fly into etc. Also some "not to be missed sites"? We will have our 10 year old daughter with us also. Thank you!!! Lisa
Planning first trip to Ireland, Scotland and London!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 2 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 3 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 4 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 5 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 8 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 9 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 10 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 11 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 12 10 days in England
- 13 December in Munich, Salzburg, Graz, and Budapest
- 14 Suggested itinerary for Istanbul??
- 15 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 16 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 17 Drawing courses in Paris
- 18 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 Montreux or Vevey- where to stay
- 21 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 22 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 23 Cannes >> Corsica
- 24 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 25 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?