Well, we're from the US and I've already read not to be loud or rude....wouldn't be that way here, so that shouldn't be a problem. And unfortunately, DO NOT mention your Irish or Scottish heritage, which is sad because I'm proud of them, our daughter even takes Irish Dance lessons. Other than that, we were planning on renting a cottage in either Scotland or Ireland for about 3 weeks. I would love to see Culloden Field, the beautiful castles, the Tower of London. I LOVE the history of this area. Can anyone make any suggestions where would be best to stay (Scotland, Ireland, London) as our home base? Which makes most sense....which airport to fly into etc. Also some "not to be missed sites"? We will have our 10 year old daughter with us also. Thank you!!! Lisa
Planning first trip to Ireland, Scotland and London!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 2 What to wear
- 3 We Need a Pact
- 4 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 5 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 6 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 7 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 8 seven days in Portugal
- 9 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 10 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 11 I need a haircut
- 12 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 13 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 14 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Monet in Normandy
- 17 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 20 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 21 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 22 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 23 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 24 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 25 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO