I am trying to plan a short notice trip to Italy (less than a month away) for 8 days. This is the first time my husband and I will be visiting, and with the help of some suggestions from friends and reading tons of forms on here I am getting a handle on most of the trip but still have a few questions and would love some suggestions from experienced travelers! We want to eat, sightsee, and just enjoy being in a new country. Would love a hike or boat ride, something we can't so anywhere else! With all that being said here's what i'm thinking!
Fly into Rome (Sunday afternoon)
Train to Florence (Wednesday)
-Worth using a day in Florence to rent a car and visit wineries?
Train to Naples (Friday morning)
Spend the afternoon eating pizza!
Boat to Capri (Friday evening)
Back to Rome Sunday night for a Monday AM flight.
Was thinking about using a combo of air b&b's, and hotels depending on what's available. Out budget is more on the conservative side. But would spend money on a hotel in one city if you guys think it's worth it!
The place i'm having the hardest time planning is Capri!!! Does anyone have suggestions on hotels, bed and breakfasts, or air b&b's? Also location to stay on the island? What is there really to do?
Any suggestions for any location would be greatly appreciated! Anything from areas to stay, hotel suggestions, restaurants, or must see places/museums/areas of town! And of course any tips you may have, when to buy train tickets, best tour guides for places, what we need to pack???!!!
Sorry there is a lot in this post! Just trying to plan asap! Any info helps!! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 2 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 3 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 4 Uber vs. TfL
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Greek Village
- 7 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 8 A Trip Report: Springtime in Italy - May 9 to June 2, 2011
- 9 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 13 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 14 Two days in Rome
- 15 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 16 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 17 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 18 PARIS
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 21 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 22 Spain: train/rental car help
- 23 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 24 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 25 Please help with hotels in Seville