I am trying to plan a short notice trip to Italy (less than a month away) for 8 days. This is the first time my husband and I will be visiting, and with the help of some suggestions from friends and reading tons of forms on here I am getting a handle on most of the trip but still have a few questions and would love some suggestions from experienced travelers! We want to eat, sightsee, and just enjoy being in a new country. Would love a hike or boat ride, something we can't so anywhere else! With all that being said here's what i'm thinking!
Fly into Rome (Sunday afternoon)
Train to Florence (Wednesday)
-Worth using a day in Florence to rent a car and visit wineries?
Train to Naples (Friday morning)
Spend the afternoon eating pizza!
Boat to Capri (Friday evening)
Back to Rome Sunday night for a Monday AM flight.
Was thinking about using a combo of air b&b's, and hotels depending on what's available. Out budget is more on the conservative side. But would spend money on a hotel in one city if you guys think it's worth it!
The place i'm having the hardest time planning is Capri!!! Does anyone have suggestions on hotels, bed and breakfasts, or air b&b's? Also location to stay on the island? What is there really to do?
Any suggestions for any location would be greatly appreciated! Anything from areas to stay, hotel suggestions, restaurants, or must see places/museums/areas of town! And of course any tips you may have, when to buy train tickets, best tour guides for places, what we need to pack???!!!
Sorry there is a lot in this post! Just trying to plan asap! Any info helps!! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 4 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 5 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 6 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 7 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 10 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 11 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 12 Europe First Timers
- 13 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 14 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 15 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 16 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 17 Iceland for Nine Days
- 18 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 19 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 20 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 21 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 22 Rome or Venice first
- 23 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 24 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary