Dear All -
I would appreciate some input regading a charming, small town/village to base ourselves for a week's stay in the Cotswolds. In a perfect World, this town/village would have some shops, tea rooms and/or pubs within a walking distance, and it would not be too complex to drive out of or return to from day trips. If anyone has specific recommendations for places to stay, this will also be greatly appreciated.
Another question - assuming we arrive in London and either spend five days in London first or at the end of our trip, what would be a good place to train to/from London to pick up a rental car and on to the Cotswolds?
Finally, there are dozens of relevant guide books on Amazon about this region. Do any of them stand out in one's mind as particularly helpful?
Thank you for your assistance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 2 Apartment Montreux area
- 3 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 4 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 8 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 9 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 10 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 11 An evening in London
- 12 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 13 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 14 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 15 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 16 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 17 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Safety in Rome
- 24 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 25 Seeking reasonable itinerary
Planning a week in Cotswolds and London at the end of September.
Dear All -