Dear All -
I would appreciate some input regading a charming, small town/village to base ourselves for a week's stay in the Cotswolds. In a perfect World, this town/village would have some shops, tea rooms and/or pubs within a walking distance, and it would not be too complex to drive out of or return to from day trips. If anyone has specific recommendations for places to stay, this will also be greatly appreciated.
Another question - assuming we arrive in London and either spend five days in London first or at the end of our trip, what would be a good place to train to/from London to pick up a rental car and on to the Cotswolds?
Finally, there are dozens of relevant guide books on Amazon about this region. Do any of them stand out in one's mind as particularly helpful?
Thank you for your assistance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 5 Jewish Vienna
- 6 Short time in Vienna
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 9 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 10 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 11 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 12 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 13 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 14 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 15 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 16 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 17 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 18 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 19 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 20 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 23 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 24 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
Planning a week in Cotswolds and London at the end of September.
Dear All -