Dear All -
I would appreciate some input regading a charming, small town/village to base ourselves for a week's stay in the Cotswolds. In a perfect World, this town/village would have some shops, tea rooms and/or pubs within a walking distance, and it would not be too complex to drive out of or return to from day trips. If anyone has specific recommendations for places to stay, this will also be greatly appreciated.
Another question - assuming we arrive in London and either spend five days in London first or at the end of our trip, what would be a good place to train to/from London to pick up a rental car and on to the Cotswolds?
Finally, there are dozens of relevant guide books on Amazon about this region. Do any of them stand out in one's mind as particularly helpful?
Thank you for your assistance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 dinner jackets
- 2 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 3 Garda Land
- 4 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 5 Help needed for our trip to Munich, Salzburg, Prague & Vienna
- 6 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 7 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 8 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 9 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 12 Hotel St. Petersburg
- 13 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 14 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 Dublin Leap Card
- 17 Vatican City questions
- 18 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 19 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 20 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 21 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 22 Piedmont as a destination
- 23 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 24 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip
Planning a week in Cotswolds and London at the end of September.
Dear All -