I'm planning a week-long trip with family (incl. a 17 & 20 year old) to Spain in mid-March 2016. Till now I've nailed down 2-3 nights in Barcelona plus 1-2 nights in Valencia for the Fallas (our timing coincides). I'd have loved to add San Sebastian but I suspect the weather in mid-March might not be conducive. Still want to add a third stop for a couple of days. So, some initial questions:
1. Is driving to Valencia worth it? How expensive is a 1-way and 2-way car rental? I heard that the tollway is pricey. How much? Or is train best?
2. What alse can we add on? I understand that its best to not bother with Madrid/Sevilla etc. given the limited time and keep that for another trip.
3. Is chancing the Basque region worth it? Too much to even think of Malaga? Where do we fly back from to the U.S.?
I'd love some food for thought.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 2 Connection time in Athens?
- 3 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 4 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 5 Ludwig Castles
- 6 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 7 Escorted Tours
- 8 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 9 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 10 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 11 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 12 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 15 2 Months in Sicily
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 What tips can you give about packing?
- 18 Le Marche, Italy
- 19 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 20 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 21 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 22 Getting from Positano to Rome
- 23 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 24 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 25 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik