I'm planning a week-long trip with family (incl. a 17 & 20 year old) to Spain in mid-March 2016. Till now I've nailed down 2-3 nights in Barcelona plus 1-2 nights in Valencia for the Fallas (our timing coincides). I'd have loved to add San Sebastian but I suspect the weather in mid-March might not be conducive. Still want to add a third stop for a couple of days. So, some initial questions:
1. Is driving to Valencia worth it? How expensive is a 1-way and 2-way car rental? I heard that the tollway is pricey. How much? Or is train best?
2. What alse can we add on? I understand that its best to not bother with Madrid/Sevilla etc. given the limited time and keep that for another trip.
3. Is chancing the Basque region worth it? Too much to even think of Malaga? Where do we fly back from to the U.S.?
I'd love some food for thought.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 3 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 4 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 5 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Train help for Prague
- 8 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 9 Iceland Ring Road itinerary
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 driving from prague to salzburg
- 12 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 13 Swiss Travel Pass
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Germany train help!
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 20 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 23 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 24 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations