I'm planning a week-long trip with family (incl. a 17 & 20 year old) to Spain in mid-March 2016. Till now I've nailed down 2-3 nights in Barcelona plus 1-2 nights in Valencia for the Fallas (our timing coincides). I'd have loved to add San Sebastian but I suspect the weather in mid-March might not be conducive. Still want to add a third stop for a couple of days. So, some initial questions:
1. Is driving to Valencia worth it? How expensive is a 1-way and 2-way car rental? I heard that the tollway is pricey. How much? Or is train best?
2. What alse can we add on? I understand that its best to not bother with Madrid/Sevilla etc. given the limited time and keep that for another trip.
3. Is chancing the Basque region worth it? Too much to even think of Malaga? Where do we fly back from to the U.S.?
I'd love some food for thought.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia transportation question.
- 2 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 3 Ireland hotel questions
- 4 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 5 Places of interest
- 6 vienna
- 7 Questions about Polish sights
- 8 Croatia Ferry Help
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 getting to CDG
- 14 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 15 Ireland travel passport question
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 19 Switzerland in November?
- 20 We were NOT going to Europe this year --- but
- 21 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 25 Barcelona cooking classes