I am in a wedding in Switzerland in August. I am taking my 13 year old daughter with me and we are leaving a week early to travel to Rome, Positano, Almalfi coast) and possibly a few other places along the way. I have no idea where to start once we fly into Rome. What is the best way to get around to different areas? We will be able to spend about 6 days in this area. I would love feedback on the "must see places", as well as restaurant ideas, lodging, and transportation. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to either Aarau or Zurich before the wedding. I still have not quite figured out how to book these tickets....Also, is it fairly safe to travel alone (2 females) in these areas?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Amber and Madison
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy - best two central locations
- 2 Presenting you a radiant glow. Owing
- 3 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 4 How much to tip UK taxi driver?
- 5 Copenhagen Airport Transfers to Central Station
- 6 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 7 Heathrow to London - train or taxi?
- 8 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 9 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 10 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 11 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 12 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 13 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 14 Vet my itinerary
- 15 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 16 Amsterdam hotels
- 17 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 18 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 19 Day Trips From Paris: Champagne
- 20 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 21 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 22 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 23 Overnight Train Questions
- 24 Istanbul tour guides?
- 25 Flamenco Shows
Planning a trip to Rome, Positano, then traveling near Zurich.