I am in a wedding in Switzerland in August. I am taking my 13 year old daughter with me and we are leaving a week early to travel to Rome, Positano, Almalfi coast) and possibly a few other places along the way. I have no idea where to start once we fly into Rome. What is the best way to get around to different areas? We will be able to spend about 6 days in this area. I would love feedback on the "must see places", as well as restaurant ideas, lodging, and transportation. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to either Aarau or Zurich before the wedding. I still have not quite figured out how to book these tickets....Also, is it fairly safe to travel alone (2 females) in these areas?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Amber and Madison
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 2 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 3 Things to do in Brussels
- 4 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 5 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 6 K-Day
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 9 UK Visa Help
- 10 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 11 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 14 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 15 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 16 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 17 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 18 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 19 Cell Phone Question
- 20 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 24 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
Planning a trip to Rome, Positano, then traveling near Zurich.