I am in a wedding in Switzerland in August. I am taking my 13 year old daughter with me and we are leaving a week early to travel to Rome, Positano, Almalfi coast) and possibly a few other places along the way. I have no idea where to start once we fly into Rome. What is the best way to get around to different areas? We will be able to spend about 6 days in this area. I would love feedback on the "must see places", as well as restaurant ideas, lodging, and transportation. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to either Aarau or Zurich before the wedding. I still have not quite figured out how to book these tickets....Also, is it fairly safe to travel alone (2 females) in these areas?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Amber and Madison
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 4 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 5 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 6 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 7 Como or Bellagio
- 8 3 weeks, 3 European Countries, 6 cities
- 9 Amalfi and Rome
- 10 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 11 Amsterdam B&B
- 12 What do pack for Ireland?
- 13 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 First time in Greece
- 16 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 17 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 18 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 19 how far in advance of flight to get to airport
- 20 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 21 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 22 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 23 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 24 Paris weather
- 25 Paris Architecture - tours or guides you can recommend?
Planning a trip to Rome, Positano, then traveling near Zurich.