I am in a wedding in Switzerland in August. I am taking my 13 year old daughter with me and we are leaving a week early to travel to Rome, Positano, Almalfi coast) and possibly a few other places along the way. I have no idea where to start once we fly into Rome. What is the best way to get around to different areas? We will be able to spend about 6 days in this area. I would love feedback on the "must see places", as well as restaurant ideas, lodging, and transportation. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to either Aarau or Zurich before the wedding. I still have not quite figured out how to book these tickets....Also, is it fairly safe to travel alone (2 females) in these areas?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Amber and Madison
Planning a trip to Rome, Positano, then traveling near Zurich.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 2 Follow-up to my last question (U.S. citizen visiting Sweden next year)
- 3 Gdansk & Baltic in October
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 5 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 8 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 London hotel tax is 20%
- 11 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 12 Vienna to Gyor and Sopron in one day
- 13 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 14 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 15 Venice - boats on canals
- 16 Venice, just arrived
- 17 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 18 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 19 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 20 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 21 Ghent or Paris?
- 22 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 23 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 24 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 25 Greece Travel Planning for 2015