I am in a wedding in Switzerland in August. I am taking my 13 year old daughter with me and we are leaving a week early to travel to Rome, Positano, Almalfi coast) and possibly a few other places along the way. I have no idea where to start once we fly into Rome. What is the best way to get around to different areas? We will be able to spend about 6 days in this area. I would love feedback on the "must see places", as well as restaurant ideas, lodging, and transportation. We are taking the overnight train from Rome to either Aarau or Zurich before the wedding. I still have not quite figured out how to book these tickets....Also, is it fairly safe to travel alone (2 females) in these areas?
Thank you in advance for your help!!
Amber and Madison
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 Where to stay first night near Manchester
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 3 days solo in London
- 7 Chania
- 8 Days to Avoid Roussillon, Gordes, etc.
- 9 Now to Madrid
- 10 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 11 Trip Report: The last hurrah? A fortnight in Lake Como
- 12 Village visit in Northern Italy
- 13 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 14 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 15 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 16 Sicily: which coast?
- 17 Packing for Sicily and Sardenia: Need anything Warm?
- 18 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 21 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 22 Edinbrugh
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 25 Studying art in English in venice
Planning a trip to Rome, Positano, then traveling near Zurich.