We are planning a trip to Ireland in the beginning of November. Our child is doing a semester abroad in Dublin so we are going to visit him and would also like to travel some of the country. We plan on arriving on Friday spending Friday, Saturday & Sunday in Dublin with him. then we would like to see some of the country and are not sure if we should do day trips and stay based out of Dublin or if we should plan a route and spend Monday & Tuesday night along the route to be back in Dublin for Wednesday night. What would anyone suggest? We have never traveled to Ireland before and there will be four people going.
Planning a trip to Ireland
- 1 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 2 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 3 Train Passes
- 4 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 5 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 6 Am I too fat too travel?
- 7 two weeks in Croatia Bosnia and Montenegro
- 8 pier in Copenhagen
- 9 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 10 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 11 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 12 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 13 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 14 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 15 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 16 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 17 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 18 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 20 Climbing Snowdon
- 21 Zee Best
- 22 river cruise choice
- 23 Rome apartment
- 24 Paros or Naxos?
- 25 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!