We are doing some long range planning for a trip to Greece and islands next fall 2012, and would like some advice. Which would be the best month to go - September or October? How may days in Athens is sufficient (3 days?) and what two islands are a "must see", although I'm sure that they are all beautiful. Are local tours that the hotesl offer? Which hotels are recommended on a mid-range budget? How best to navigate between Athens and the islands - air or ferry? We want to get the full flavor of Greece, and are thinking that a traditional cruise is not the best way to go. Any advise would be appreciated.
Planning a trip to Athens and islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 2 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 3 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 4 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 5 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 6 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 7 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 8 London hotel tax is 20%
- 9 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 10 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 13 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 14 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 15 Need help with itinerary
- 16 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 17 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 18 First Trip to Europe
- 19 Expat area's in France
- 20 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 21 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 22 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 23 One month (ish) in Spain
- 24 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 25 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?