We are doing some long range planning for a trip to Greece and islands next fall 2012, and would like some advice. Which would be the best month to go - September or October? How may days in Athens is sufficient (3 days?) and what two islands are a "must see", although I'm sure that they are all beautiful. Are local tours that the hotesl offer? Which hotels are recommended on a mid-range budget? How best to navigate between Athens and the islands - air or ferry? We want to get the full flavor of Greece, and are thinking that a traditional cruise is not the best way to go. Any advise would be appreciated.
Planning a trip to Athens and islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 2 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 3 Satnav maps update
- 4 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 5 One day in Paris, Looking for a great Full day tour.
- 6 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 7 Is this realistic... advice?
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 10 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 rail pass
- 13 France to Italy advice needed please
- 14 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 15 What else for kids to see/do near Guedelon?
- 16 Trip Report: Sheep Rule. A Week in Scotland
- 17 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 18 Spanish Music
- 19 Bavaria and Tirol for 2 weeks in June
- 20 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 21 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 22 3 days Vienna. Is Melk Worth it?
- 23 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 24 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip