We are doing some long range planning for a trip to Greece and islands next fall 2012, and would like some advice. Which would be the best month to go - September or October? How may days in Athens is sufficient (3 days?) and what two islands are a "must see", although I'm sure that they are all beautiful. Are local tours that the hotesl offer? Which hotels are recommended on a mid-range budget? How best to navigate between Athens and the islands - air or ferry? We want to get the full flavor of Greece, and are thinking that a traditional cruise is not the best way to go. Any advise would be appreciated.
Planning a trip to Athens and islands
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 4 Giverny in early October?
- 5 Voltage in UK and France
- 6 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 7 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 8 Spain Night Train in Recliner
- 9 Alterations to night trains routes
- 10 Interested In Coach Passes
- 11 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 12 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 13 Two Days in Prague
- 14 Air France strike
- 15 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 16 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 17 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 18 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 19 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 20 Schengen Visa
- 21 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 22 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 23 london in 2.5 days
- 24 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece