My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 4 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 5 Hotel in Venice
- 6 Day trip from London to Paris
- 7 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 8 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 9 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 10 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 11 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?
- 12 A drive in Europe
- 13 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 14 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 15 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 16 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 17 nearby cities to london
- 18 Honeymoon Villa rental - Santorini or Mykonos
- 19 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 20 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 21 Swiss rail passes
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 24 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)
- 25 Augsburg with kids