My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 2 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 3 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 4 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 5 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 8 Sicily Suggetions
- 9 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 10 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 11 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 12 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 13 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 19 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 20 London hotel
- 21 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 22 A drive in Europe
- 23 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Seeking guidance on 14 day first time trip to Ireland