My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
- 1 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 2 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 River cruises
- 5 More help with housing in Puglia
- 6 Chambermaid tipping
- 7 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 10 London for Christmas
- 11 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 12 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 13 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 14 7 days in Andalucia
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 17 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 18 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 21 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 22 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped