My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 2 Confusing Care rental in Italy Continued . . . Locauto?
- 3 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 4 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 5 Review of 4.5 days in London
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 8 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 9 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 10 Best Car Rental company in Italy?
- 11 Budgeting - how long can I last!
- 12 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 13 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 14 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 15 50yo sf. Barcelona at night...?
- 16 Barcelona/Andalucia
- 17 best transfer from Paris CDG to Paris hotel St Germain
- 18 Ireland or Scotland
- 19 I dream of Europe
- 20 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 21 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 22 Verona/Vicenza/Trieste--Best Place to Pick up Rental Car for Croatia
- 23 Last minute trip in Europe 25th Oct - 2nd Nov, interested in joining?
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014