My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Planning Europe itinerary
- 3 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 4 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 5 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 6 Alhambra night tour tickets question / Seville Alcazar night tour
- 7 Europe Trip 22 year olds
- 8 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 9 London Pass or No?
- 10 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 11 5 days in France or Italian Rivera
- 12 2 Days in Bologna
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Paris hotel and neighborhood help
- 15 Early planning for Scotland. Itinerary thoughts?
- 16 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 17 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 18 Munich, Germany
- 19 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 20 where to stay (and how long), what to see around Nuremberg
- 21 Help with Duoro Valley
- 22 Help with hotel choice in BRUGES please!!
- 23 York - Time for tea!
- 24 First Zermatt Ski Trip
- 25 Flying with Air France and Alitalia
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!