My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 France,Spain,Italy
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Which european city?
- 5 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Schengen Visa Rules
- 8 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 9 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 10 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 11 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 12 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 13 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 14 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 15 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 16 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 17 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 18 Scotland November 2015
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 21 All Set To Go!!
- 22 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 23 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 24 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 25 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days