My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France, UK and Ireland
- 2 French theater in Paris
- 3 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 6 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 7 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 8 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 9 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 12 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 15 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 16 What do after Bernia Express?
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 Walking itinerary in England?
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!