My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementoffers.org/intelleral/
- 2 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 3 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 4 Lose Weight And Which It Stays Off Simply By Tips!
- 5 http://fitnesssteer.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 6 Jack the Ripper Tour and Regent Palace Hotel
- 7 11 days in Andalusia
- 8 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Should we go to Vienna?
- 11 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 12 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 13 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 14 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 15 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 16 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 17 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 18 norway self-drive itinerary
- 19 Loire Valley itinerary
- 20 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 21 Iceland trip report
- 22 February in Florence
- 23 Ronda to Seville
- 24 Europe Itinerary
- 25 Italy: your favorite national park?
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!