My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 2 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 3 London and Where Else in late December?
- 4 3 weeks in Europe
- 5 Matisse at Tate
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 8 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 9 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 10 Small Group walking tour Switzerland
- 11 Andaluzia - where to stay in Seville and Malaga?
- 12 Istanbul Itinerary
- 13 Germany and Poland Itinerary - Would appreciate feedback
- 14 Bologna tips
- 15 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 16 Edinburgh - outings?
- 17 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 18 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 19 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 20 What to wear
- 21 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 24 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 25 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!