My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 3 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 4 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 9 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 10 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 11 Global Travel Warning...
- 12 What one thing in Paris?
- 13 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 16 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 17 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 18 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 19 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 20 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 21 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 22 6 days in Portugal in December
- 23 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 24 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 25 Glastonbury vs Bath
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!