My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seine river cruise help
- 2 Budapest main train station status
- 3 Help with 16-night Sept-Oct Itinerary for Croatia
- 4 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 5 Touring Rome
- 6 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 7 Men's attire for touring
- 8 England/Scotland in January?
- 9 Curiosity
- 10 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 11 Driving from Mostar to Dubrovnik Airport
- 12 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 13 Scotland itinerary
- 14 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 15 Debit card usage in Norway
- 16 PASSPORT number changed
- 17 Hotel at or near Brussels airport
- 18 Lake Bled, Slovenia by Train
- 19 London During Rugby International September 2015
- 20 a starting itinerary
- 21 Edinburg for 24 hous
- 22 La Rochelle vs Barcelona
- 23 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 24 Sicily itinerary advice please
- 25 Hotels in Vienna
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!