My wife and I are planning to do a road trip in the Alps this summer. I've seen some of the places I am going to mention below in other occasions, but my wife hasn't, and I think it will be a lovely trip through the Alps in mid August.
One end of the trip I think will be Milan and the other end will be Munich. I think I am going to start from Munich and come down, end with a night by Como and then off to Malpensa while totally skipping Milan intentionally (hence avoiding seeing beautiful! Milan and and the shopping costs that come with it Maybe I should start from Milan and ride up to Munich, what do you think ?
My ill-educated list of important places to see will be:
Italy: Lugano, Lake Como - what else ?
Switzerland: Luzern, Heidiland - Maienfeld, other advice ? Switzerland is the true alps, must be millions of fantastic things to see.
Austria: I think St. Anton would be fun in the summer, no ? Other places to see ?
Germany: Garmisch - Partenkirschen, Neuschwanstein
So please help me make an itinerary between Milan and Munich! All advice and tips truly welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 European Travel in March
- 3 Madrid city centre?
- 4 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 5 Barcelona extension
- 6 Ireland driving itinerary
- 7 Slovania & Croatia
- 8 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 9 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 10 Southern Italy
- 11 Barcelona Car rental return
- 12 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 13 Manchester on derby weekend
- 14 BIKE AND BARGE
- 15 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 16 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 17 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 18 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 19 Enjoying England for a year!
- 20 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 21 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 22 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 23 VRBO Neighborhood
- 24 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 25 Base City for N Europe Layover
Planning a summer vacation through the Alps - all advice welcome!