My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How big backpack do I need?
- 2 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 Holiday Itinerary
- 5 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 6 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 7 How much do i need?
- 8 Two weeks in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 10 First Draft: Croatia, BiH, and Slovenia
- 11 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 12 Bavaria, Switzerland, Austria for Christmas...?
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 15 AVE train tickets questions.
- 16 Greece: Final thoughts and pictures (I hope)
- 17 Interlaken-Lucerne Express 19th July- reservation required??
- 18 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 19 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 20 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 21 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 22 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 23 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 24 Path of the Gods Question
- 25 Loire Valley 12 days