My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Planning a Europe trip Nov-Dec 2013
- 1 Train tickets
- 2 12 days, 3 couples, one week in London Sept 2013
- 3 Should we stop in Basel on our way to Zurich.
- 4 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 5 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 6 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 7 Cuenca or Toledo
- 8 please HELP--so confused!!
- 9 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 10 PARIS: apartment for a family of 4. Could use your help.
- 11 Rhine/Mosel River Itinerary
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 14 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 15 jungfraujoch mid june
- 16 3 LADIES - NAXOS OR PAROS AS BASE FOR 7 DAYS
- 17 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 18 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 19 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 20 I Need To Vent!
- 21 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 22 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 23 A chacun son goût
- 24 Advice Sought for Train Schedule in Spain
- 25 1st time in Europe - Please critique our itinerary