My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 2 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 3 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 4 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 8 thoughts on my itenerary France and Italy
- 9 Valencia Spain
- 10 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 11 Europe for Beginners
- 12 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 13 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 14 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 15 13 nights in switzerland
- 16 Best daypack ?
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 20 Paris in August
- 21 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 22 Anyone Use the Venezia Unica City Pass?
- 23 Use of Train Tickets
- 24 Short time in Vienna
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland