My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 3 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 4 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 5 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 6 Avoid Europcar!
- 7 16 days in France and Italy
- 8 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 9 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 10 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 11 Amsterdam
- 12 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 13 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Train / Calabria
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 18 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 19 Paris for children
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise