My husband and I would like to plan a trip to europe for about 10 days in November-December and I would like to know which are the best countries/cities to visit during those times. We are ok with the cold weather (and by that I mean cold as in snow, not cold as in always rainy) and don't expect to find a warm area so going to a beach is not a priority. We would just like to see a bunch of historical sites, eat lots of food, and find some nice pubs to hang out in and meet some locals. We also wouldn't mind just staying in one place but it would be nice to maybe visit a few cities within maybe 2 hours max distance.
Any advice is greatly appreciated,
Planning a Europe trip Nov-Dec 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Where Else in late December?
- 2 Matisse at Tate
- 3 Ireland Southwest
- 4 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 5 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 6 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 7 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 9 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 10 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 11 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 12 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 13 Teaching English in Europe or Asia
- 14 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 15 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 16 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 17 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 18 First ever trip overseas - itinerary check
- 19 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 20 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 21 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 24 3 weeks in Europe
- 25 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?