I'm in the beginning stages of organizing a trip for my husband and I to Greece for two weeks. It's a life long dream of mine so I want to be sure and do it right. So far the only really important trip points are that I want to be there when the flowers (Gladiolas in particular) are blooming so is early June too late for that? Also I want to stay somewhere where there is a fabulous view of the ocean from the hotel -- the white building blue water dream, I suppose. Not interested in the super luxury places as much as somewhere comfortable/local but with gorgeous views. I want to see Delphi. And I want to travel to at least a couple of islands (possibly Santorini and Crete?) and of course to Athens. The former being more important than the latter however. Basically, it's going to be hard to narrow it down, but from reading other forum posts I know that there are great people out there with great advice. So any wisdom at all is appreciated.
Planning 2012 Trip to Greece
View all Europe activity »
- 1 first european holiday itinery
- 2 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 3 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 4 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 6 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 To Paris and Provence in June
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 13 Car in Prague
- 14 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 15 Euro Train
- 16 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 17 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 18 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 19 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 20 Travel by train or bus
- 21 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Cyprus in December
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Which travel plan?