I'm in the beginning stages of organizing a trip for my husband and I to Greece for two weeks. It's a life long dream of mine so I want to be sure and do it right. So far the only really important trip points are that I want to be there when the flowers (Gladiolas in particular) are blooming so is early June too late for that? Also I want to stay somewhere where there is a fabulous view of the ocean from the hotel -- the white building blue water dream, I suppose. Not interested in the super luxury places as much as somewhere comfortable/local but with gorgeous views. I want to see Delphi. And I want to travel to at least a couple of islands (possibly Santorini and Crete?) and of course to Athens. The former being more important than the latter however. Basically, it's going to be hard to narrow it down, but from reading other forum posts I know that there are great people out there with great advice. So any wisdom at all is appreciated.
Planning 2012 Trip to Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Just starting to ponder a family trip to Iceland...
- 2 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 3 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 4 SIM card for eastern europe
- 5 Foie gras, redux
- 6 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 7 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 8 Southern France
- 9 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 10 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?
- 11 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 12 italy
- 13 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 14 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 15 London in 3 days! Help with lodging, please!
- 16 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 17 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 18 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 19 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 20 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 21 What to wear
- 22 What still confounds you about travel?
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 25 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...