I'm in the beginning stages of organizing a trip for my husband and I to Greece for two weeks. It's a life long dream of mine so I want to be sure and do it right. So far the only really important trip points are that I want to be there when the flowers (Gladiolas in particular) are blooming so is early June too late for that? Also I want to stay somewhere where there is a fabulous view of the ocean from the hotel -- the white building blue water dream, I suppose. Not interested in the super luxury places as much as somewhere comfortable/local but with gorgeous views. I want to see Delphi. And I want to travel to at least a couple of islands (possibly Santorini and Crete?) and of course to Athens. The former being more important than the latter however. Basically, it's going to be hard to narrow it down, but from reading other forum posts I know that there are great people out there with great advice. So any wisdom at all is appreciated.
Planning 2012 Trip to Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 All Set To Go!!
- 4 Skiing in France
- 5 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 6 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 7 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 8 Travelling within schegen while extension is pending
- 9 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 10 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 11 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 12 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 13 Questions for this who visited Russia!
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 16 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 17 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 18 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 19 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 20 Spain traffic tickets
- 21 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 22 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 23 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 24 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome
- 25 Beware of Best and Fast Change