I'm in the beginning stages of organizing a trip for my husband and I to Greece for two weeks. It's a life long dream of mine so I want to be sure and do it right. So far the only really important trip points are that I want to be there when the flowers (Gladiolas in particular) are blooming so is early June too late for that? Also I want to stay somewhere where there is a fabulous view of the ocean from the hotel -- the white building blue water dream, I suppose. Not interested in the super luxury places as much as somewhere comfortable/local but with gorgeous views. I want to see Delphi. And I want to travel to at least a couple of islands (possibly Santorini and Crete?) and of course to Athens. The former being more important than the latter however. Basically, it's going to be hard to narrow it down, but from reading other forum posts I know that there are great people out there with great advice. So any wisdom at all is appreciated.
Planning 2012 Trip to Greece
- 1 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 2 Rome: Avoiding the long Colosseum ticket line/queue: Palatine Hill ticket office locations
- 3 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 4 florence hotel
- 5 One way car rental Lisbon to Bordeaux
- 6 Renfi for Rail Europe
- 7 Conil de la Frontera, Spain
- 8 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 9 Cell Phone for Italy travel
- 10 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 11 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 12 Train - rental car - Cortona
- 13 My Journey Through Europe
- 14 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 15 Which tour company would be best?
- 16 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 17 Italy - Business+Pleasure - 12 days - driving tips and places to see
- 18 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 19 What is the best food in France?
- 20 Beauty Products in France?!
- 21 Santorini-Nafplio-Delphi-Athens Help
- 22 2 days in Venice- where to stay –What to do- Help please!
- 23 8 hour layover in Frankfurt of 5/21
- 24 If you could go anywhere in Italy......
- 25 Vienna - day trips - Melk Abbey