I'm in the beginning stages of organizing a trip for my husband and I to Greece for two weeks. It's a life long dream of mine so I want to be sure and do it right. So far the only really important trip points are that I want to be there when the flowers (Gladiolas in particular) are blooming so is early June too late for that? Also I want to stay somewhere where there is a fabulous view of the ocean from the hotel -- the white building blue water dream, I suppose. Not interested in the super luxury places as much as somewhere comfortable/local but with gorgeous views. I want to see Delphi. And I want to travel to at least a couple of islands (possibly Santorini and Crete?) and of course to Athens. The former being more important than the latter however. Basically, it's going to be hard to narrow it down, but from reading other forum posts I know that there are great people out there with great advice. So any wisdom at all is appreciated.
Planning 2012 Trip to Greece
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Europe in 21 days
- 4 Calling Jamikins
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Paris Travelogue (One week in June with a toddler)
- 8 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 9 tour guides in rome
- 10 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 11 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 12 Help with Italy itinerary (18 days: Rome, Umbria, Puglia, Amalfi?)
- 13 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 14 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 15 Dare I ask a Transportation Question?
- 16 Petrin Hill and Prague Castle
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 22 Best "2-star" hotels in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, Dresden
- 23 10 Hours in Brussels
- 24 Local Tour in Provence?
- 25 Planning a trip to Eastern Europe, could use your help.