My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 nights in Europe
- 2 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 3 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 4 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 5 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 6 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 7 What type of visa is right for me?
- 8 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 9 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 12 Munich
- 13 First time in France
- 14 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 15 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 18 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Budapest Hotels
- 21 4 days in switzerland
- 22 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 23 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 24 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 25 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw