My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 2 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Affordable 1 year French courses in France? Recommendations?
- 5 Via del Sale, Italy
- 6 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 7 London: Travel Alert for Kings Cross Station!
- 8 Cornwall Advice
- 9 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 10 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 11 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Nafplio to Hydra
- 17 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 20 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 21 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 22 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 23 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 24 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 25 "Never Mind"