My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 2 Tracking the Weather
- 3 Italy travel plan help
- 4 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 5 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 6 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 7 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 8 Alsace to Austria?
- 9 road trip through scotland
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Wales
- 12 Best Neck Pillow
- 13 barcelona neighborhood
- 14 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 15 Tieks for travel
- 16 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 17 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 18 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 19 Where to eat in Rome?
- 20 Thinking about the Fjords
- 21 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 22 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 23 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 24 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 25 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.