My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 2 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 3 Newcastle train info
- 4 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 5 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 6 Sim Card
- 7 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 8 Public Transport information App/Website
- 9 Ireland to Scotland
- 10 Poland in September
- 11 Munich, Germany
- 12 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 13 Rome for a week
- 14 Review of the Jhieronimus Bosch ehibition
- 15 Belgium advice
- 16 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 17 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 18 SPANISH MUSEUMS
- 19 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 20 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 21 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 22 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 23 Barcelona 4 days and Lisbon 3 days.
- 24 Overnight Train Questions
- 25 Euro 2016 Football championship