My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 2 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 3 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 4 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 5 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 8 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 9 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 10 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 11 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 12 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 13 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 14 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 15 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 16 Edinburgh to Skye
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 20 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 21 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 22 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Croatia transportation question.
- 25 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?