My husband has a business trip (fortunately a lot more relaxation than business) coming up in Switzerland. I have never been out of the country before so I don't really know how to start planning the trip. I feel very overwhelmed - but very fortunate that I found this website and have really enjoyed reading all of the helpful tips.
Here is what I know so far: We will be flying into Geneva and will be staying four nights in Montreux (August 20-24). I was then thinking we would stay 2 nights in Wengen (August 24-26) and return to either Geneva or Zurich on the 26th and fly home on the 27th. Our travel dates are still flexible because we haven't yet purchased plane tickets.
I would greatly appreciate any input that you might have. I am specifically, trying to find things to do around Montreux, if Wengen is a good choice or if there is someplace else that would be better, and if it would be better to fly home out of Geneva or Zurich.
Thank you so much in advance for any suggestions you can give me!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 2 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 5 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 6 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 7 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 8 Walking GPS?
- 9 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 Cost of Van from CDG
- 12 One Way... trust or bust?
- 13 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 14 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 15 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 16 Has anyone used AtlasChoice for a car rental?
- 17 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 18 Hi altitude limitations in Switzerland
- 19 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 20 Capri, Amalfi Coast, Naples in late June/early July
- 21 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 22 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 23 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 24 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 25 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?