I am traveling with my father to Rome on Sept. 21. Rome to Florence, Sept. 24; Florence to Milan, Sept. 27; Milan to Interlaken Switzerland, Sept. 29. I assume these trips are best done by train. So my question is, should I get a rail pass or buy individual tickets, and through which company? Would it be better to fly in any of these cases? We are then going from Interlaken to Paris on Oct. 2. Is this better by train or plane? Our time is limited so I think it might be better by plane if there are any airports in Interlaken. Then we are flying from Paris to Naples (this flight is already booked). We aren't staying in Naples but going on to Pompei. I figure there's a train or bus we can take to Pompei. We'll be there for several days and hope to go out to Capri for a day. Then we are traveling back to Rome (plane or train?) to stay overnight so we can fly back home first thing in the morning on Oct. 11. If there is any advice out there I'd really appreciate it.
We would like to find an option that is economical but fast.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KBC : YAHOO Technical SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:855:999:8045 MAIL Installation
- 2 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 3 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 4 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 5 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 6 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 7 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 9 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 10 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 11 International drivers permit
- 12 Spain Itinerary
- 13 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 14 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 15 ATM
- 16 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 17 Croatia Intinerary August 2017
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 20 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 21 Could you recommend a city tour in Reykjavík?
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 24 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)