I am traveling with my father to Rome on Sept. 21. Rome to Florence, Sept. 24; Florence to Milan, Sept. 27; Milan to Interlaken Switzerland, Sept. 29. I assume these trips are best done by train. So my question is, should I get a rail pass or buy individual tickets, and through which company? Would it be better to fly in any of these cases? We are then going from Interlaken to Paris on Oct. 2. Is this better by train or plane? Our time is limited so I think it might be better by plane if there are any airports in Interlaken. Then we are flying from Paris to Naples (this flight is already booked). We aren't staying in Naples but going on to Pompei. I figure there's a train or bus we can take to Pompei. We'll be there for several days and hope to go out to Capri for a day. Then we are traveling back to Rome (plane or train?) to stay overnight so we can fly back home first thing in the morning on Oct. 11. If there is any advice out there I'd really appreciate it.
We would like to find an option that is economical but fast.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 San Sebastián
- 2 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 3 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 7 italy Cinque Terre
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 12 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 13 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 14 Driving through Paris
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Advice for first time trip to Greece
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 19 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 25 Northern Ireland ideas