We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
- 1 France Itinerary Help
- 2 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 3 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 5 Paris Ticket t+
- 6 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 7 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 8 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 9 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 10 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 11 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 12 Best area to stay in Rome
- 13 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 14 Public transport to Sol Metro area from Madrid airport
- 15 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 16 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
- 19 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 20 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 21 Recommendation - Paris apartment for only 3 nights
- 22 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 23 Rome apartment
- 24 Getting the best our of Europe
- 25 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia