We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I went to Paris in June
- 2 Travel from Berlin To Paris by train. good places to visit in Paris (tips)
- 3 Spending money in Italy?
- 4 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 5 Help with a small island in Greece
- 6 Rail or Bus Travel in Italy
- 7 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 8 Trip to Pyrenees
- 9 Amsterdam: My list of things to do/see is ready - Pls help in daily planning
- 10 Crete Ancient sites
- 11 Hotel in Rome?
- 12 Help with somewhat messed up itinerary-Greece and Venice
- 13 A full week in The Netherlands
- 14 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 15 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 16 "Compartment" vs "Saloon Carriage" in 2nd class: Salzburg to Venice?
- 17 Glasgow to Brody Ferry Scotland
- 18 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 19 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 20 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 21 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 22 3 weeks in Italy - what to do with remaining 1 week?
- 23 Luggage advice
- 24 Ireland driving vacation
- 25 I booked "Paris in Winter"