We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 2 Best means of travel from Prague to Krakow and Krakow to Budapest
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 Paris Apt Locations - Your Opinion on Apts
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 7 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 8 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 9 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 10 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 11 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 12 5 PM Opera at La Scala on a Sunday night
- 13 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 14 Rocamaxour
- 15 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 16 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 17 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 18 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 19 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 20 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 21 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 22 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 23 Dordogne lodging
- 24 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 25 Quiet beach town in Italy?