We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 staying a month or so in each place
- 2 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 3 10 days in England
- 4 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 5 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 6 3 weeks in Europe
- 7 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 8 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 9 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 10 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 11 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 12 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 13 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 14 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 15 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 16 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 17 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 18 Self-driving tips for France
- 19 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 20 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 21 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 22 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 25 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?