We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 2 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 3 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 4 Italy Countryside
- 5 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 6 VISA question
- 7 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 8 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 9 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 10 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 11 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 12 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 13 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 14 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 15 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 16 France,Spain,Italy
- 17 Scotland November 2015
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Schengen Visa Rules
- 25 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND