We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 3 One month (ish) in Spain
- 4 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 5 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 6 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 7 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 8 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 9 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?
- 10 Wine tours in Tuscuny
- 11 La Sagrada Familia
- 12 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 13 Where to stay in London
- 14 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 15 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 16 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 17 Tickets for Buckingham palace, tower of London, London eye - online or not?
- 18 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 19 Expat area's in France
- 20 Aaah...Umbria!
- 21 Sorrento Advice Please
- 22 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 23 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 24 Do I need train tix in advance
- 25 Cyprus photo gallery