We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 plug adapters ITALY
- 2 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 3 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 4 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 5 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 6 Over 40,000 Photos Used To Create A Time-Lapse Video Of Paris
- 7 Paris in black and white
- 8 10 days to Explore Europe
- 9 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 10 How much luggage?????
- 11 Transfer Milan airport
- 12 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 13 Scandinavia and RCL 8 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise 2015
- 14 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 15 Short trip to Venice, with (some oddball) tours
- 16 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 17 London for Free
- 18 Help with a French -> English translation, please
- 19 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 20 Day Trips from Nice
- 21 Help with France itinerary
- 22 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 23 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 24 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 25 Tour Iceland Safely On Line (Video + Stills)