We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon in Sicily
- 2 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 3 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 4 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 5 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 6 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 7 Madrid airport at night - how to pass the time
- 8 What to wear
- 9 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 12 London neighborhood suggestions
- 13 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 14 Matisse at Tate
- 15 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 16 Paris 14th - Hotel Chaplain Rive Gauche, Hotel du Lion, Hotel Sophie Germain, Hotel le Nouvel Orleans
- 17 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 18 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 19 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 20 Ireland Southwest
- 21 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 22 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 23 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 24 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 25 Madrid and London