We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 2 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 3 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 4 CROATIA SPLIT
- 5 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 6 Tour Group Operators
- 7 Spending money in Italy?
- 8 We will be stranded in Iceland for 17 hours!
- 9 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 10 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 11 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 12 Family trip to Europe - suggestions welcome
- 13 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 14 Majorca - where to stay?
- 15 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 16 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 17 staying a month or so in each place
- 18 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 19 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 20 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 21 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 22 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 23 Italy- From Rome to Milan
- 24 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 25 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket