We, family of 4 with 1 teen, have a layover of 9 hours in Helsinki at the end of July. I want to visit an interesting place, preferably near the Vantaa Airport. I read that there is a bus no. 61 that goes to the Heureka Finnish Science Center. Is it advisable to visit the place when we can only afford to spend a maximum of 5 1/2 hours there? If we do visit the place, my concern is getting stranded there going back to the airport. Would cabs be easily available in case I need them? Where else can we possibly go besides the science center?
Places to visit near the airport in Helsinki on a layover
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which base in the Cotswolds
- 2 closest German city to Enschede/Twente
- 3 Eastern Pyrenees for family with children
- 4 Is Capri overrated?
- 5 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 6 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 7 9 days in switzerland
- 8 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 9 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 10 Rail connections from Rotterdam and ease of boarding train with luggage
- 11 which mountain for snow experience for non skier - first visit to France
- 12 Train des Pignes
- 13 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 14 Prague - Dresden- Berlin
- 15 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 16 Utterly Umbria...feedback on my itinerary for a week in Spello please!!
- 17 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 18 Museums for 12 year old girl and pastry day class
- 19 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 20 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 21 What to do, what to do... early arrival, late departure
- 22 Change in Travel
- 23 Euro Quiz # 87 - Paris Potpourri
- 24 London and nearby suggestions
- 25 Switzerland - Lucerne & 2 nights