We have an early flight from Rome, so we decided to rent a car in Naples the day before the flight (after coming back from Capri), and drive slowly between Naples and Rome, sleep somewhere near Rome, and give car back right before the flight the next morning. We will have all day, so I would like some suggestions for places to visit between Naples and Rome (and not Pompei). Cute town, village, interesting restaurant, places of interest, off the beaten path ideas....
Also, any suggestions for car rental in Naples would be most welcomed. Can we rent in the port, or will we have to go to train station or airport to get the car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 2 B&B in Ireland
- 3 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 4 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 5 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 6 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 7 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 8 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 9 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 10 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 11 Alitala
- 12 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 13 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 14 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 15 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 16 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 19 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 20 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 21 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 22 Europe First Timers
- 23 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 24 Navigation Decouverte cards never expire; right? Wrong!
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece