We have an early flight from Rome, so we decided to rent a car in Naples the day before the flight (after coming back from Capri), and drive slowly between Naples and Rome, sleep somewhere near Rome, and give car back right before the flight the next morning. We will have all day, so I would like some suggestions for places to visit between Naples and Rome (and not Pompei). Cute town, village, interesting restaurant, places of interest, off the beaten path ideas....
Also, any suggestions for car rental in Naples would be most welcomed. Can we rent in the port, or will we have to go to train station or airport to get the car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 2 Guide in Russia
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Switzerland
- 5 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 6 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 7 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 10 Zadar or Sibenik
- 11 Font-de-Gaume - too overweight?
- 12 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 13 Sicily: la foresteria planeta estate or Villa Sicilia Baglio
- 14 Rent a Car?
- 15 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 16 Whistle stop family road trip
- 17 Cars, etc. in Florence, Bologna
- 18 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 19 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 20 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 21 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 22 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 25 Best road from Tubingen to Lindau Bodensee