We have an early flight from Rome, so we decided to rent a car in Naples the day before the flight (after coming back from Capri), and drive slowly between Naples and Rome, sleep somewhere near Rome, and give car back right before the flight the next morning. We will have all day, so I would like some suggestions for places to visit between Naples and Rome (and not Pompei). Cute town, village, interesting restaurant, places of interest, off the beaten path ideas....
Also, any suggestions for car rental in Naples would be most welcomed. Can we rent in the port, or will we have to go to train station or airport to get the car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plitvace Lake 1 day or 2?
- 2 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 3 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 4 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 5 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 7 Avoid Europcar!
- 8 16 days in France and Italy
- 9 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 10 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 11 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 12 Amsterdam
- 13 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 14 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Train / Calabria
- 17 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 18 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 19 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 20 Paris for children
- 21 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 24 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 25 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain