We will be going from Rome to Florence in late March 2015. We will be in Florence for three nights and are thinking of a day trip to either Pisa or Sienna on one of the days. I would love to hear what folks think the best choice would be and why.
We'll have seen quite a few churches by then, but I'm not opposed to seeing more if they offer unique features. I'm leaning towards Siena mostly because of Campo Square, but the Duomo in Pisa looks pretty cool as well, and hey, the leaning tower is there.
Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 9 Days in Spain
- 6 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 12 Paris to Italy
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 15 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 16 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion