Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 2 Looking for add on city
- 3 Peugeot 107--will my luggage be visible?
- 4 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 5 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 6 A1 to A12 vs. A14: Which is the easier drive from Sulmona to Mondovi?
- 7 Hiking in the Pyrenees - day trip from Barcelona, no car
- 8 Conference trip to Netherlands; help me plan free time afterward
- 9 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 10 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 11 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 12 Has anyone traveled on Thalys without a "ticketless" barcode confirmation?
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 FAMILY VACATION, BERLIN.
- 15 Need Accommodation in Versailles
- 16 Pre-paid Visa?
- 17 What do you know about using the iPhone GPS app in Europe?
- 18 Traveling to Italy--Rome, Venice with teens
- 19 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 20 naples & pickpockets
- 21 MXP Best Western to "The Last Supper"
- 22 Prices in Dubrovnik
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 25 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?