Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 2 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 5 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 6 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 7 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 8 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 9 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 10 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 11 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 12 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 13 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 14 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 15 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 16 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 17 Venice-Milan Airport Woes
- 18 Quick Trip Report - MALTA/FRANKFURT
- 19 Paris and where else?
- 20 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 21 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 22 Real Mary King's Close Tour in Edinburgh
- 23 Raining in rome
- 24 Autumn in Paris
- 25 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule