Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 3 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 7 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 8 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 9 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 12 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 13 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 14 renting a car in Germany
- 15 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 16 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 17 Paris in April?
- 18 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 19 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 22 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 23 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 24 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 25 London hotel