Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 2 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 3 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 4 Dresden or Leipzig
- 5 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 6 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 7 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 11 Help With Vienna
- 12 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 18 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 19 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 20 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 21 Venice Banning Fodors
- 22 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 23 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 24 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 25 Need Some Italy Planning Help