Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 2 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 3 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 4 What American foods do Europeans love?
- 5 4 days in Scotland
- 6 Airb2b in Paris
- 7 Easiest way to get from San Sebastian to Toulouse or Brive in France
- 8 Munich/Bavaria, Austria and Switz trip suggestions/comments
- 9 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 10 In Defense of the Notoriously Arrogant French Waiter
- 11 Seaplane service
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 14 scotland trave;
- 15 Venice tourist travel pass
- 16 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 17 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 18 Croatia Itinerary Help - Late May-Early June (15n)
- 19 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 20 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 21 Iceland wedding
- 22 Best of Southern France, your favorites?
- 23 From Orly to hotel in 8th arrondisement
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 11:00 am flight from Rome & my husband