Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 2 Sicily - not a trip report
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 7 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 8 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 9 Chip but no PIN
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 No points in Paris .....
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Eurostar booking
- 23 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday