Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Gay and St.Petersburg
- 2 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 3 Cycling in Southern France--Flat terraine
- 4 Our first trip to Europe
- 5 Seville Holy Week - Behind the Scenes!
- 6 11 day Swiss and Italy
- 7 Needed: a nice beach break in Spain!
- 8 3 Star Hotel or B&B recommendations for Venice, Florence, and Rome Needed
- 9 Madrid night life – nice bars to relax and enjoy music?
- 10 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 11 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 12 First Trip to Italy - Could use some help!
- 13 Train tickets within Italy
- 14 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 15 Bavaria area to Hallstatter to Croatia, Berchtesgaden and Munich
- 16 What is the perfect day in Bruges?
- 17 France Tourisme - Is it a reliable tour company?
- 18 18 days driving trip Rome>Spain>Rome
- 19 Trains from Brussels to other Belgian cities/towns
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Hotel in Istanbul
- 22 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 23 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 24 Mont St. Michele?
- 25 Siciliy - travel from Taormina to Siracusa via public transportation