Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Waste of money...
- 2 Is Venice really dirty?
- 3 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 4 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 5 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 6 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 7 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 8 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 9 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 10 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 11 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 12 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 13 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 14 italy - france - germany
- 15 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 16 Planning Europe trip
- 17 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 18 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 19 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 20 Authentic czech food
- 21 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 22 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 23 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old
- 24 Kimhe--flamenco
- 25 Limavady, Ireland?? Where is it?