Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 9 Apartments in Rome
- 10 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 11 Which travel plan?
- 12 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 13 Chambermaid tipping
- 14 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 15 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 16 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 17 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 18 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 19 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 20 London for Christmas
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Anniversary Weekend in Paris