Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
- 1 Cinque Terre or Lake Como August - 3 nights
- 2 Please review my REVISED Germany/Austria/Switzerland itinerary
- 3 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 4 One hour 15 minutes to change planes in Frankfurt
- 5 15 wonderful days of Vino, Gelatos n Esprossos!
- 6 Affordable London Hotel
- 7 Just back from 15 days in Switzerland
- 8 Perfect gondola ride and dinner in Venice? But on a budget.
- 9 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 10 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 11 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 12 Belgium or Germany with Paris and Amsterdam
- 13 Help for first timers
- 14 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 15 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 16 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 17 Parisian Pickpockets
- 18 Sicily Trip Report May 2013 - LONG and DETAILED
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 21 Italy/Switzerland - Help w/ Itinerary
- 22 Crete: Rental Car Return to Heraklion PORT?
- 23 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 24 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 25 Driving the Mediterranean - Spain, France & Italy - 3 weeks - August 2013