Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A guide to Madrid
- 2 Making reservations in Italy
- 3 Best london location to stay?
- 4 Scotland and northern England
- 5 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 6 Renting an apt.
- 7 April in Madrid
- 8 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 9 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 10 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 11 Comments on Iceland Itinerary Please
- 12 Three 3 Day weekends in Ireland!
- 13 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 14 Would this be a good area to stay in Paris?
- 15 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 16 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 17 Best Tours of Europe
- 18 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 19 18 Days in Turkey
- 20 Switzerland and Italy, tickets bought, need itinerary help
- 21 England, Paris itinerary help
- 22 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 23 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 24 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 25 northern Portugal