Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 2 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 3 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 4 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 5 staying a month or so in each place
- 6 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 7 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 8 3 weeks in Europe
- 9 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 10 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 11 10 days in England
- 12 Paris: A Classical Music Concert
- 13 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 14 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 15 Self-driving tips for France
- 16 Trip Report: 10 Days in Spain
- 17 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 18 Copenhagen - Must see places and time required in city!!
- 19 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 22 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 23 Stay away from EF Tours
- 24 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 25 going to italy