Hello Fodorites. I am planning a holiday with my fiance where we plan to get married in Italy. Her daughter who is 19 years old will be joining us in Amsterdam (from our home in Australia) until just after the time that we get married in Tuscany. We have an opportunity to purchase some cheap fares but they are return Amsterdam. This would mean we need to fly her back to Amsterdam from either Pisa or Venice. Knowing these are smaller airports, I am concerned that she may feel overwhelmed if there are no english speaking operators for her to ask for directions from to get to her flight. We plan to put her on a bus to get to either airport (ie take her to Piazzale Rome in Venice) and will be direct transfers. Both flights land at Schiphol in Amsterdam. I am told this is a very easy airport so I am confident from here (and she will land here as well so it will be familiar). Does any one have experience at either airports in Pisa or Venice? I just want to try and assess whether we are absolutely nuts to send her there alone as she has never travelled in Europe before (although has travelled a couple of times to Asia so it is not totally foreign to her). Any commets on the ease of finding your way around each airport and any tips for either would be highly appreciated. Many thanks to you all.
Pisa Airport or Treviso Airport in Venice for flight to Amsterdam???
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 3 Too many Trip Reports
- 4 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 5 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 6 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 7 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 8 Hotels that we found special
- 9 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 10 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 11 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 12 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 13 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 14 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 15 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 16 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 17 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 18 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 19 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 22 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 23 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 24 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 25 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later