Hello to All,
We will be arriving in Athens late afternoon October 3 but there is no ferry to Santorini until 7:00 am the next morning. I'm wondering should we stay overnight in the center of Athens or should we stay in Piraeus. Although I would love to stroll around the Plaka area the evening of our arrival, I'm not sure if it's a hassle to get to Piraeus so early the next morning. Also, how early should we arrive for the ferry and what is the most efficient way to get there (public transport or taxi)? We are a group of 6 so I think we would need two taxis which I'd rather not do.
Any suggestions for budget hotels in Piraeus with a nightly rate of no more than 85Euros? I guess if we do stay in Piraeus we can spend the first evening browsing around that area...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 2 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 3 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 4 Day trips from Florence
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 7 Sicily Car Rental Company
- 8 First time in Bulgaria
- 9 Paris in September
- 10 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 14 May get together in Paris
- 15 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 16 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 No Periods in British Written English!
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 21 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 24 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 25 Self drive tour companies
Hello to All,