Hello to All,
We will be arriving in Athens late afternoon October 3 but there is no ferry to Santorini until 7:00 am the next morning. I'm wondering should we stay overnight in the center of Athens or should we stay in Piraeus. Although I would love to stroll around the Plaka area the evening of our arrival, I'm not sure if it's a hassle to get to Piraeus so early the next morning. Also, how early should we arrive for the ferry and what is the most efficient way to get there (public transport or taxi)? We are a group of 6 so I think we would need two taxis which I'd rather not do.
Any suggestions for budget hotels in Piraeus with a nightly rate of no more than 85Euros? I guess if we do stay in Piraeus we can spend the first evening browsing around that area...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 COnsumer : SET-up HP PRINTER Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 HP 24*7
- 2 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 3 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 9 Iceland trip report!
- 10 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 Bernese Oberland
- 13 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 16 Couscous
- 17 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 18 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 19 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 20 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 23 Moscow Favorites
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 TIM in FCO - update
Hello to All,