Hello to All,
We will be arriving in Athens late afternoon October 3 but there is no ferry to Santorini until 7:00 am the next morning. I'm wondering should we stay overnight in the center of Athens or should we stay in Piraeus. Although I would love to stroll around the Plaka area the evening of our arrival, I'm not sure if it's a hassle to get to Piraeus so early the next morning. Also, how early should we arrive for the ferry and what is the most efficient way to get there (public transport or taxi)? We are a group of 6 so I think we would need two taxis which I'd rather not do.
Any suggestions for budget hotels in Piraeus with a nightly rate of no more than 85Euros? I guess if we do stay in Piraeus we can spend the first evening browsing around that area...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 2 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 3 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 6 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 7 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 8 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 9 International Flight Question
- 10 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 11 Interesting places to visit
- 12 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 13 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 14 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 Budapest in December 2017
- 19 Petrol in Greece
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 23 Dijon in December!
- 24 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 25 We're here!
Hello to All,