Hello to All,
We will be arriving in Athens late afternoon October 3 but there is no ferry to Santorini until 7:00 am the next morning. I'm wondering should we stay overnight in the center of Athens or should we stay in Piraeus. Although I would love to stroll around the Plaka area the evening of our arrival, I'm not sure if it's a hassle to get to Piraeus so early the next morning. Also, how early should we arrive for the ferry and what is the most efficient way to get there (public transport or taxi)? We are a group of 6 so I think we would need two taxis which I'd rather not do.
Any suggestions for budget hotels in Piraeus with a nightly rate of no more than 85Euros? I guess if we do stay in Piraeus we can spend the first evening browsing around that area...please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 3 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 4 Rome -- The next time around
- 5 Hotels in Turin
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Alitala
- 8 PARIS
- 9 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Bordeaux to Nice
- 13 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 14 Rome to Venice
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 "Too Much Cows"
- 17 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 18 Austrian Train Purchase from US
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Uber vs. TfL
- 21 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 22 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 23 An evening in London
- 24 NYT article
- 25 Supplements in Carry on bag
Hello to All,