We will be staying in Pienza the middle of May, using it as our home base while in Tuscany. From Pienza we will be traveling by rental car to Lake Como for a few days before flying out of Milan for home. Since Bologna seems to be on the way to Pienza I am wondering if it would be a good idea to book a night stay there and travel on to Lake Como. I have not been able to find good travel times from Pienza to Lake Como and would like to have a more relaxing drive. Any advise/recommendations for places to stay will be greatly appreciated.
Pienza to Lake Como
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 3 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 Help With Vienna
- 20 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 21 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 South of France November Trip Report
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 Olive oil disaster in 2014