We will be staying in Pienza the middle of May, using it as our home base while in Tuscany. From Pienza we will be traveling by rental car to Lake Como for a few days before flying out of Milan for home. Since Bologna seems to be on the way to Pienza I am wondering if it would be a good idea to book a night stay there and travel on to Lake Como. I have not been able to find good travel times from Pienza to Lake Como and would like to have a more relaxing drive. Any advise/recommendations for places to stay will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 2 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 3 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 4 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 5 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 6 Alps Drive
- 7 Praiano
- 8 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Help please
- 11 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 12 Andalucia itinerary help
- 13 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 14 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 15 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 16 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 17 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 18 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 19 Perugia
- 20 Family vacation to europe
- 21 Paris cooking classes
- 22 Ronda Wine/biking
- 23 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 24 St Denis Cathedral
- 25 My Ring Road experience in Iceland