We will be staying in Pienza the middle of May, using it as our home base while in Tuscany. From Pienza we will be traveling by rental car to Lake Como for a few days before flying out of Milan for home. Since Bologna seems to be on the way to Pienza I am wondering if it would be a good idea to book a night stay there and travel on to Lake Como. I have not been able to find good travel times from Pienza to Lake Como and would like to have a more relaxing drive. Any advise/recommendations for places to stay will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 2 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 3 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 4 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 5 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 6 A week driving in Bavaria
- 7 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 8 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 9 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 10 Camino Redux
- 11 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 12 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 13 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 14 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 15 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 16 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 17 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 20 Trans-Siberia Train
- 21 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 22 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 23 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 24 PLITVICE LAKES
- 25 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).