We will be staying in Pienza the middle of May, using it as our home base while in Tuscany. From Pienza we will be traveling by rental car to Lake Como for a few days before flying out of Milan for home. Since Bologna seems to be on the way to Pienza I am wondering if it would be a good idea to book a night stay there and travel on to Lake Como. I have not been able to find good travel times from Pienza to Lake Como and would like to have a more relaxing drive. Any advise/recommendations for places to stay will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Salzburg or Cesky Krumlov??
- 2 Seville Itinerary
- 3 Driving from Tuscany to Positano - recos needed!
- 4 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 5 flying into Lyon..have 10 days
- 6 6 x Day Roadtrip in the Andalucia Region
- 7 Spoleto, Bevagna, Montefalco or Spello?
- 8 First timers to Italy
- 9 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 10 Iberia Airlines compensation for delayed luggage
- 11 Spello v. Spoleto as base for Umbria
- 12 Amsterdam in August
- 13 Flights to Venice--how much time is enough for stop in Amsterdam?
- 14 Heraklion, Crete, Greece
- 15 Traveling from Vienna to Berlin
- 16 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 17 Train questions for Switzerland
- 18 Northern Ireland itinerary
- 19 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 20 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 21 Solo Travel Europe Winter
- 22 Portugal or Croatia
- 23 Rome> Salerno>Positano ??
- 24 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 25 Venice worth it? 2 or 3 nights?