We will be staying in Pienza the middle of May, using it as our home base while in Tuscany. From Pienza we will be traveling by rental car to Lake Como for a few days before flying out of Milan for home. Since Bologna seems to be on the way to Pienza I am wondering if it would be a good idea to book a night stay there and travel on to Lake Como. I have not been able to find good travel times from Pienza to Lake Como and would like to have a more relaxing drive. Any advise/recommendations for places to stay will be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 2 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 3 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 4 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 5 Last minute trip to Capri
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 AMS Car Rental
- 8 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 9 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 10 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 11 Where to eat in Rome?
- 12 weekend from cologne germany
- 13 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 14 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 17 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 One week in Europe
- 23 Budapest to Kosice
- 24 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 25 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17