I'm planning 4 nights in Piedmont in June and wanted some advice on a countryside village base location (ideally a hilltop village) I've never been to Piedmont before but spent time in Tuscany and Provence and enjoyed villages such as Greve and Gaiole in Chianti, San Quirico D'Orcia, Pienze, Montalcino and Bonnieux, Gordes etc.
We'd like to be 30 mins ish driving distance to Alba and close to Barolo as well for wine tours. I've been looking for a village with restaurants to walk out to in the evening but we will also have a car.
Does any have any views in Sinio, Neive and Monforte D'Alba for staying 4 nights?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 2 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 3 Norwegian Air?
- 4 Highclare Castle
- 5 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 6 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 7 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 8 Salzburg itinerary review
- 9 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 12 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 13 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 14 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 15 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 18 Spain: train/rental car help
- 19 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 20 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 21 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 22 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 23 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 24 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 25 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!