I am reading lots of horror stories about pickpockets in Spain. DH and I are going May 2011 and will spend time in Barcelona, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Seville and Granada. We have been to many other countries (South Korea, Italy, Croatia, China, France, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, England) and NEVER have had any sort of experience that would add up to an attempted pickpocket. Just lucky I guess. Spain sounds like a totally different experience. I have read on this website and others the descriptions of the situations that people experienced which resulted in the loss of lots of property, money, tickets, cell phone, cameras, etc. Please share your ideas and suggestions for protecting belongings and being able to carry basics such as a water bottle, camera, money, cellphone, etc. I do use a waist pouch under my clothes for money and passport. Is there some system that is safer for money and passport and what can be used to carry the bulkier items? Thank you.
Pickpockets in Spain - Please offer suggestions on protecting belongings
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 2 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Madrid to Sevilla
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped