I am reading lots of horror stories about pickpockets in Spain. DH and I are going May 2011 and will spend time in Barcelona, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Seville and Granada. We have been to many other countries (South Korea, Italy, Croatia, China, France, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, England) and NEVER have had any sort of experience that would add up to an attempted pickpocket. Just lucky I guess. Spain sounds like a totally different experience. I have read on this website and others the descriptions of the situations that people experienced which resulted in the loss of lots of property, money, tickets, cell phone, cameras, etc. Please share your ideas and suggestions for protecting belongings and being able to carry basics such as a water bottle, camera, money, cellphone, etc. I do use a waist pouch under my clothes for money and passport. Is there some system that is safer for money and passport and what can be used to carry the bulkier items? Thank you.
Pickpockets in Spain - Please offer suggestions on protecting belongings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 2 Great restaurants in Italy
- 3 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 4 Renting an apt.
- 5 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 6 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 7 Bayeux to Mt. St Micheal - Any interesting stops along the way?
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 10 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 11 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 12 Amsterday > Bruges
- 13 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 14 Germany for 3 weeks
- 15 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 16 Help me with this trip
- 17 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 18 February end Europe travel with Kids
- 19 I´ve resurrected an old blog on the Basque Country
- 20 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 21 London - Off-the-Path Gems
- 22 Passport stamp in the UK
- 23 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 24 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 25 Germany and Switzerland