I am reading lots of horror stories about pickpockets in Spain. DH and I are going May 2011 and will spend time in Barcelona, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Seville and Granada. We have been to many other countries (South Korea, Italy, Croatia, China, France, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, England) and NEVER have had any sort of experience that would add up to an attempted pickpocket. Just lucky I guess. Spain sounds like a totally different experience. I have read on this website and others the descriptions of the situations that people experienced which resulted in the loss of lots of property, money, tickets, cell phone, cameras, etc. Please share your ideas and suggestions for protecting belongings and being able to carry basics such as a water bottle, camera, money, cellphone, etc. I do use a waist pouch under my clothes for money and passport. Is there some system that is safer for money and passport and what can be used to carry the bulkier items? Thank you.
Pickpockets in Spain - Please offer suggestions on protecting belongings
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 cooking classes
- 2 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 3 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 4 London tube
- 5 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 6 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 7 Zurich, Switzerland
- 8 Day trip from London to Paris
- 9 Europe in 21 days
- 10 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 11 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 12 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 13 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 14 one last portugal car rental question
- 15 Venice
- 16 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 19 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 22 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 23 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 24 Hotel in Venice
- 25 Day trip on the Rhine