I have read online that pickpockets are very vicious in France and Italy and are very good at what they do. Has anyone run into them personally and have any tips to not be tricked by them? My main concern is i will be wearing a holster style camera bag for my dslr and just wondering if that would be a target even though i would think it would be pretty hard to steal something that heavy.
Pickpockets in France and Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 2 Cruise the River Shannon
- 3 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 Food tours in Rome?
- 6 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 7 Rome Food Tour
- 8 trip to norway
- 9 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 10 Ireland or Scotland
- 11 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 12 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 13 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 14 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 15 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 16 Italy and Croatia
- 17 Help with England/Wales tour
- 18 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 19 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 20 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 21 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 22 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 23 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 24 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 25 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015