I might be moving to Spain in a few months time and I've been reading a lot of information about it online. One of the most concerning things to me seems to be the prevalence of pickpockets. Now I've lived in Europe before - in Paris for a few months - and I spent a lot of time in Paris and traveling to a few other cities, including Barcelona and I fortunately was not the victim of any theft. Still it seems like the pickpockets in Madrid, where I will probably be living, seem to be more adept and prevalent than in other places. In the past, I was mostly there in winter so I wore a coat with inner pockets most days and I usually kept my camera, wallet, ipod touch and cell phone in the inner pockets which made things relatively easy.
Now I know I'll be in Spain when it's a lot warmer and I won't be able to wear a coat so I want to know how best to protect my valuables (besides just not having them on me). I usually wear a small crossbody bag with multiple, zippered compartments. I keep my items in different sides of the bag and my cards in a small inner pocket. I'm considering getting a money belt but that still doesn't explain how to protect my wallet or my camera (small point and shoot) which I will be accessing constantly. This is really concerning me so if you have any advice as to how to protect yourself in summer, that would be great. I know there's always a risk but as I'll be living there at least for a few months, I'd like to be able to enjoy the city, relatively worry-free.
Also I've been lurking on this site since before I went to France a few years ago and I know you all give great advice and have helped me a ton before so thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 홍보 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 5 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 6 Greek Islands (small)
- 7 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 8 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 9 Flat in London
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Help required with Itinerary
- 12 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 13 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 14 Spain in December
- 15 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 16 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 17 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 18 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 19 Skye to Edinburgh
- 20 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 21 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 22 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?