I hate to be an alarmist but I have seen a dramatic increase in pick pockets on the Paris metros, in particular line one with 3 incidents at the Palais Royal metro stop. Keep your hands on you wallets at all times starting in the station, through the turn style, on the quai and getting on and off the train, not to mention the train itself. Sometimes it is an older woman with her adult daughter and a little girl, sometimes a group of girls pushing their way down the aisles of the train taking things as they go. I hope the metro system does something about this.
Pick Pockets on Paris Metros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 2 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 3 Spain- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park
- 4 Trip report Lofoten in Norway
- 5 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 6 Ireland driving vacation
- 7 I went to Paris in June
- 8 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 9 Norway -- Nutshell tour and Stavanger
- 10 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 11 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 12 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 13 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 16 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 Scotland - 1 week itinerary
- 19 I'm in a funk
- 20 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 21 Bike touring in France
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 Things to do near Nice
- 24 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 25 Amsterdam vs Prague