I hate to be an alarmist but I have seen a dramatic increase in pick pockets on the Paris metros, in particular line one with 3 incidents at the Palais Royal metro stop. Keep your hands on you wallets at all times starting in the station, through the turn style, on the quai and getting on and off the train, not to mention the train itself. Sometimes it is an older woman with her adult daughter and a little girl, sometimes a group of girls pushing their way down the aisles of the train taking things as they go. I hope the metro system does something about this.
Pick Pockets on Paris Metros
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 5am arrival in Dublin
- 3 10 Hours in Brussels
- 4 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 5 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 6 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 7 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 8 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 9 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 10 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 11 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 12 Local Tour in Provence?
- 13 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 14 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 15 Hotel in Venice
- 16 What are the best places to see in England
- 17 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 18 Transportation in Barcelona
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 21 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 25 Day trip from London to Paris