I know ..this is a question of comparing oranges and apples Malaga Picasso museum vs more time in Granada (e.g. to visit Monasterio de San Jerónimo or Monasterio de la Cartuja or even the Sacramonte cave museum).
I'm seeing mixed reviews of the Picasso museum in Malaga. Some reviewers say that the collection does not have any famous or major works. Does it? Of course, Malaga being his birthplace, not visiting his museum probably sounds strange. If we had a whole day in Malaga, it would be a definite yes. But when you are pressed on time, is it an unmissable visit?
We flying into Malaga but will not have much time in the city. 2 nights at Molina Lario Hotel, and our only day in Malaga will be actually spent in Ronda. Next day we leave for Granada.
If we skip the museum, we could probably be in Granada by 12.00h. And have 12.00h-17.00/17.30h time for touring the sites (of course pausing for lunch).
With a Picasso museum visit (probably will need about 1 hour?), we won't get to Granada till after 13.00h.
It's only an hour or so difference, but again when pressed on time, every hour counts
So would you do an hour at the Picasso museum OR add a visit to the La Cartuja / Monasterio de San Jerónimo / Sacramonte dwelling museum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Trip suggestion
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 8 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 9 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 We're here!