I know ..this is a question of comparing oranges and apples Malaga Picasso museum vs more time in Granada (e.g. to visit Monasterio de San Jerónimo or Monasterio de la Cartuja or even the Sacramonte cave museum).
I'm seeing mixed reviews of the Picasso museum in Malaga. Some reviewers say that the collection does not have any famous or major works. Does it? Of course, Malaga being his birthplace, not visiting his museum probably sounds strange. If we had a whole day in Malaga, it would be a definite yes. But when you are pressed on time, is it an unmissable visit?
We flying into Malaga but will not have much time in the city. 2 nights at Molina Lario Hotel, and our only day in Malaga will be actually spent in Ronda. Next day we leave for Granada.
If we skip the museum, we could probably be in Granada by 12.00h. And have 12.00h-17.00/17.30h time for touring the sites (of course pausing for lunch).
With a Picasso museum visit (probably will need about 1 hour?), we won't get to Granada till after 13.00h.
It's only an hour or so difference, but again when pressed on time, every hour counts
So would you do an hour at the Picasso museum OR add a visit to the La Cartuja / Monasterio de San Jerónimo / Sacramonte dwelling museum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 retruning to US with souveniers
- 2 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 3 Italy in January?
- 4 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 5 How much do you tip a tour guide on an escorted tour?
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 8 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 9 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 10 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 11 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 12 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 13 10 days in London in early December
- 14 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 15 Berlin to ?
- 16 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 20 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 21 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 22 Scotland in December
- 23 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 24 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 25 Itinerary Help for Sicily