I know ..this is a question of comparing oranges and apples Malaga Picasso museum vs more time in Granada (e.g. to visit Monasterio de San Jerónimo or Monasterio de la Cartuja or even the Sacramonte cave museum).
I'm seeing mixed reviews of the Picasso museum in Malaga. Some reviewers say that the collection does not have any famous or major works. Does it? Of course, Malaga being his birthplace, not visiting his museum probably sounds strange. If we had a whole day in Malaga, it would be a definite yes. But when you are pressed on time, is it an unmissable visit?
We flying into Malaga but will not have much time in the city. 2 nights at Molina Lario Hotel, and our only day in Malaga will be actually spent in Ronda. Next day we leave for Granada.
If we skip the museum, we could probably be in Granada by 12.00h. And have 12.00h-17.00/17.30h time for touring the sites (of course pausing for lunch).
With a Picasso museum visit (probably will need about 1 hour?), we won't get to Granada till after 13.00h.
It's only an hour or so difference, but again when pressed on time, every hour counts
So would you do an hour at the Picasso museum OR add a visit to the La Cartuja / Monasterio de San Jerónimo / Sacramonte dwelling museum.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 Positano or Sorrento?
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 weekend from cologne germany
- 7 Globus Iberian Tour
- 8 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 9 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 10 My final Prague itinerary
- 11 Switzerland in September
- 12 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 13 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 14 13 nights in switzerland
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Earthquake near Naples
- 17 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 18 London Theater
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Driving from Rome to Sicily and back
- 23 Munich itinerary review
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg