I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. We took our kids to Europe for the first time in March, choosing to visit Andalucia. At the time, we were contemplating splitting the trip between Spain and Morocco, as we had 16 days. In the end, I think we made the right choice. We concentrated on Cordoba, Granada, Sevilla, and Ronda, but we also spent a couple of nights each in Madrid and Tarifa, a night in Arcos de la Frontera, half a day in Jerez de la Frontera (where we dropped off our car), a rushed but interesting day in Tangier, and a few hours in Gibraltar. Originally I had planned to be in Morocco during Semana Santa, but we now consider seeing these celebrations a hightlight of our trip. We were lucky to see processions in several of the cities. I was so glad I booked two sets of tickets for Alhambra, giving us a full day there. It absolutely poured for several hours that day and having two sessions saved us! Maybe some day I will get around to a full trip report - I used to love writing those when I had more time, but for now, I hope you will enjoy the photos on my site at www.danwoodlief.com/travel.
Photos now up on my photography website - Spain, Tangier, Gibraltar
View all Europe activity »
- 1 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 2 Chambermaid tipping
- 3 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 4 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 5 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 6 Greek islands from Turkey
- 7 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 8 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 9 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 10 Rome Accommodation
- 11 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 14 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 15 Italian Lakes gardens
- 16 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 17 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 18 TGV and Provence questions
- 19 Novels set in Greece
- 20 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 21 To Paris and Provence in June
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 24 More help with housing in Puglia
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich