I have added photos from Spain, Morocco, and Gibraltar to my website. We took our kids to Europe for the first time in March, choosing to visit Andalucia. At the time, we were contemplating splitting the trip between Spain and Morocco, as we had 16 days. In the end, I think we made the right choice. We concentrated on Cordoba, Granada, Sevilla, and Ronda, but we also spent a couple of nights each in Madrid and Tarifa, a night in Arcos de la Frontera, half a day in Jerez de la Frontera (where we dropped off our car), a rushed but interesting day in Tangier, and a few hours in Gibraltar. Originally I had planned to be in Morocco during Semana Santa, but we now consider seeing these celebrations a hightlight of our trip. We were lucky to see processions in several of the cities. I was so glad I booked two sets of tickets for Alhambra, giving us a full day there. It absolutely poured for several hours that day and having two sessions saved us! Maybe some day I will get around to a full trip report - I used to love writing those when I had more time, but for now, I hope you will enjoy the photos on my site at www.danwoodlief.com/travel.
Photos now up on my photography website - Spain, Tangier, Gibraltar
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trains in Europe
- 2 3 weeks in Sicily
- 3 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 4 Seville - Easter weekend - Delays? Crowds?
- 5 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 6 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 7 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 8 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 9 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 10 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 11 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 12 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 13 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 14 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 15 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 16 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 17 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 18 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 19 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 20 Raining in rome
- 21 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 22 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 23 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 24 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 25 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum