We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 2 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 3 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 4 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 5 Short Trip in July
- 6 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 7 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 8 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 9 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 10 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 11 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 12 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 13 Cell Phone Question
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 16 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 21 4 Nights - Bern/Grindelwald / Interlaken / Lucerne
- 22 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 25 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets