We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence/Luberon, Amalfi Coast, Greece in 12 days
- 2 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 3 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 4 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 5 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 6 Hiking in Luberon
- 7 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 8 Long Weekend in Lovely Amsterdam
- 9 What clothes?
- 10 London Paris
- 11 What would YOU do in Berlin?
- 12 One suitcase or two for two weeks in Italy
- 13 Positano: Hotel Posa Posa, Hotel Royal
- 14 Transportation Options from CDG to the Louvre
- 15 Sorrento or Positano
- 16 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 17 Feedback on 3-Week Spain Itinerary
- 18 From Galway: go north or south???
- 19 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 20 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 21 tipping
- 22 Europe Backpacking Itinerary: Feedback Appreciated!
- 23 Where to go? Iceland vs Czech Republic?
- 24 Rome at Christmas
- 25 Douro Valley 3 nights
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets