We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts on Mallorca
- 2 French Prem Train Fares
- 3 Swiss psychiatrist and psychoanalyst Hermann Rorschach Inkblot Test
- 4 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 5 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 6 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 7 Itenerary Opinion
- 8 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 9 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 10 venice to lucca by car
- 11 Ecstacy of St. Teresa Under Renovation?
- 12 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 13 10 Days trip to Europe
- 14 Northern Spain
- 15 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 16 London-Paris solo trip
- 17 Healthy eating in Rome
- 18 2 weeks Northern Italy Itinerary Suggestion
- 19 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 20 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 21 Shoppingin Spain
- 22 Walking stylish sandals/flats
- 23 Itin help: 14-15 days in Bavaria, Austria, possibly Croatia and Prague
- 24 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 25 Where to stay around Munich
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets