We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 3 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 4 Italy in January?
- 5 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 6 10 days in London in early December
- 7 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 8 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 9 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 10 Berlin to ?
- 11 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 12 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 13 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 14 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 15 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 16 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 17 Scotland in December
- 18 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 19 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 20 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 21 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 24 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 25 Granada to Seville driving day trip
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets