We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 4 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 5 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 6 Italian lakes
- 7 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 8 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 9 Spain and South of France
- 10 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 11 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 12 renting car with automatic transmission
- 13 Self drive tour companies
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 17 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 18 May get together in Paris
- 19 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 20 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 21 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 22 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 23 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 25 Best soft sand beaches, Ischia
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets