We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 2 Overnight Train Questions
- 3 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 4 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 5 Amsterdam hotels
- 6 Non Airport Location for Car Drop off locations for Madrid
- 7 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 8 Berlin>Dresden>Prague
- 9 What to see in Dresden...
- 10 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 11 Croatia in late April
- 12 Information about Bad Schandau, Germany
- 13 A week in Greece, single woman alone
- 14 Italy - best two central locations
- 15 2 month Itinerary Ideas (summer)
- 16 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 17 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 18 Car Rental tips while in Greece?
- 19 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 20 Trip Report: Christmas in Paris with 9- and 10-year-old kids
- 21 Advance Passes & Tickets for Paris, Venice, Rome & Interlaken
- 22 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 23 Vet my itinerary
- 24 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 25 Hotels in Amsterdam
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets