We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel in March
- 2 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 3 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Greece Itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary
- 7 Holiday in Cilento Region
- 8 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 9 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 10 Europe itinerary review
- 11 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 12 Renting International Cars from USA
- 13 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 14 Ian McKellen & Patrick Stewart in No Man's Land
- 15 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 16 Wine Tour in Florence/Tuscany
- 17 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 18 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 19 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 20 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 21 Voltaren in Dubrovnik?
- 22 Day trips from Uzes
- 23 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 24 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 25 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets