We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 15 days in Sep 2016: Itinerary help pls
- 4 Prague on a budget...
- 5 Munich Under Attack...
- 6 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 7 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 8 Eurail or Swiss Pass in Switzerland
- 9 Have the terrorist attacks changed where you go & how you travel?
- 10 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 11 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 12 Hotel to Seville train station -- how much time needed
- 13 First trip - destination advice!
- 14 How big backpack do I need?
- 15 Driving in Portual/Spain
- 16 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 17 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 18 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 19 Stonehenge and Bath
- 20 Homeaway/Owners Direct New contract
- 21 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 22 From Genoa to Rome...
- 23 Greece Itinerary
- 24 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 25 Spain in November
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets