We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 2 Bamboozled. First trip to Europe. Motorhome v car and other questions...
- 3 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 4 4 days in switzerland
- 5 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 6 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 7 European Cooking Secrets
- 8 Basque country ideas
- 9 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 10 Spain itinerary, suggestions please!
- 11 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 12 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 13 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve
- 14 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 15 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 16 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 17 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 18 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 19 First trip to Italy
- 20 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 21 Travel vs. Babies
- 22 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 23 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 24 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 25 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets