We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 2 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 3 Local Tour in Provence?
- 4 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 5 Ste Remy France
- 6 bath or york
- 7 car rental info
- 8 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 9 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 10 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 11 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 12 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 13 A drive in Europe
- 14 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 15 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 16 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 17 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 18 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 19 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 20 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 21 London tube
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary