We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway fjord
- 2 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 3 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 4 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 5 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 6 Barcelona with baby
- 7 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 8 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 9 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 10 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 11 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 12 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 13 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 14 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 15 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 16 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 17 help with Italy itinerary
- 18 Capri in July
- 19 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Venice
- 22 London 2For1 question
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 25 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets