We recently returned from visiting the Advent Markets in St. Gilgen, Salzburg, Innsbruck, Hall in Tirol and Rattenberg. We had some snow on 4 of our 10 days in Austria and Bavaria. For our visits to Salzburg and St. Gilgen, we stayed in Schönau am Königssee at a wonderful B&B called the Guesthouse Friedwiese. Perfect in every way. For Innsbruck, Rattenberg and Hall in Tirol, we stayed at one of our favorite places, the Gasthof Badl in Hall in Tirol. Although we've been to these area's many times, this was our first time visitng the Advent markets, which was the main reason for our trip. Even with the cold weather, we hope to do it again sometime. They were amazing. We're from the northeast, and one night in particular, the night we visited Rattenberg, it was COLD. No, not cold, it was beyond cold! That didn't stop everyone from enjoyning a night out. We even had a great time, between the shaking and teeth chattering. I'm somewhat kidding, but we did have a great time. If interested, here's a link to some of the photo's:
Photo's from some of Austria's Advent markets
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 5 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 6 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 7 River cruises
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 12 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 13 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 14 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 17 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 18 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 19 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 25 Belgium