This trip report is a year old - we arrived on May 18 of last year if memory serves. Oops. As I usually do, I'll post a summary with photos and will come back later to flesh out details.
I took my Mom to northern Italy which is a favorite destination - it was her fourth time there with me. We started in Venice for two nights, then Lake Garda (Malcesine) for three nights, then Lake Como for five nights.
We had exactly 48 hours in Venice so needless to say we had a lot of ground to cover and not much time to do it. There were a few Klimt exhibits I wanted to see; Mom still hadn't seen Peggy Guggenheim's home/museum, and lots and lots and lots of walking and shopping. And gelato.
Lake Garda: we stayed in Malcesine and of the three days we were there, it rained for almost two of them. We didn't let that stop us. The rainiest day we decided to drive the entire circumference of the lake and stopped for almost a two-hour visit to the villa Il Vittoriale in the pouring, and I do mean pouring, rain. We tromped all over the garden and grounds and were soaked up to our knees but as it was warm out we dealt with it. The next day we saw the Giro and it was utterly perfect - pure sun and maybe 70 degrees and not humid. Just gorgeous. The day we left looked like it was going to be the same but we were on the road to Lake Como.
The last five days was bliss on Lake Como. We stayed at our favorite hotel, Albergo Lenno, which is a home away from home, and plyed the lake on the ferries and visited the various villas and ate leisurely long meals. We didn't visit Como this time, which was a first as we usually at least venture down for part of a day. Our very last day/night we stayed in Cernobbio since our flight was early in the morning from Milan. We saw the Brueghel exhibit at Villa Olmo and also the Concorso d'Eleganza Ville d'Este (lots of amazing old cars).
On our last full day, before we left for Cernobbio, I got up very early and walked to a UNESCO World Heritage church above Ossuccio (near Lenno) and made it in time for the 8 AM bells to peal. The church is called Sacro Monte di Ossuccio and as you walk up to it you pass 14 chapels that were built in the 17th and early 18th centuries.
Here are the photos - way too many! So the first link is "all of them" and the second link are the "Top 70 favorite photos" of the trip (in my opinion). Most of the Giro photos are in another set entirely, and I haven't put up many of the Concorso photos although I did load a few of a 1925 Rolls Royce which was astounding and outstanding.
All of them (not Giro and not Concorso, different sets)
If you really, really don't want to even slog through 70 photos, here are the top 15 and the ones I will print and frame:
If anyone really wants to see the Giro or Concorso photos I'll link them here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』드림카지노사이트
- 2 바카라돈따기■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■카지노사이트ツ카지노사이트
- 3 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』드림카지노주소
- 4 싱가폴바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■마블카지노さ마블카지노
- 5 릴 게임 손오공 ▶ 홈피:≫tt349.com≪
- 6 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』라이브맥스카지노
- 7 바카라하는곳■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■마블카지노パ마블카지노
- 8 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』동네카지노
- 9 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』다음카지노
- 10 바카라무료■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷바카라ち인터넷바카라
- 11 카지노사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』다모아태양성카지노
- 12 강남카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■라이브바카라セ라이브바카라
- 13 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』대박카지노사이트
- 14 강남카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■생중계카지노ふ생중계카지노
- 15 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』대만카지노
- 16 서울카지노사이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카ケ온카
- 17 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노포커
- 18 우리카지노 ■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카メ온카
- 19 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노체험
- 20 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』캐나다카지노
- 21 My Topic Ti정선바카라■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■바카라추천つ바카라추천tle
- 22 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』카지노협회
- 23 스타카지노■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■온카지노か온카지노
- 24 야동카지노사이트■※■『SKT600.CoM』■※■인터넷카지노モ인터넷카지노
- 25 바카라사이트『☆』SKT112。COM『☆』캄보디아카지노호텔
Photos from northern Italy: Venice, Lake Garda, Lake Como