Good morning Fodorites,
I am planning our 9 day trip to Provence the beginning of July to photograph the lavender next year and could use some help. I have Stu's amazing itinerary (thanks again Stu) and have the following:
Flights in and out of Marseille
8 nights staying at Les Terraces du Luberon in Bonnieux: http://www.lesterrassesduluberon.fr/index-english.htm
Our main plans are to stay in the Luberon and relax, eat lovely food & drink fabulous wine (for a change ha), and photograph the region. We spent a week in St Remy in 2006 and have been to Avignon, Les Baux etc...
These are the plans so far:
Saturday – London to Marseille
Fly into Marseille arriving at 10:30 from London and drive to Bonnieux – any recommendations for a lovely lunch along the way, preferably outside?
It looks like Maison Gouin in Coustellet is open 15:00 – 19:00 on Sat so we can go out and get stuff for a picnic dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday. This place comes highly recommended…?
Dinner at Le Fournil in Bonnieux http://www.lefournil-bonnieux.com/
Sunday – Relaxing day – market in Coustellet, photograph a few villages
Lunch: le Castelas in Sivèrgues
Dinner: Picnic on our terrace (maybe drinks at Bastide)
Monday – Kayaking under Pont de Gard
Dinner: L’Arome in Bonnieux
Tuesday – Local area wine touring by Menerbes/Bonnieux (any great wineries to visit?)
Lunch at Le Sanglier Paresseux Caseneuve (by Apt)
Lourmarin evening market and dinner (pick up stuff for tomorrow) - is this a decent market??
Wednesday – Early morning photograph Sénanque Abbey, visit more villages
Lunch: La Ferme de la Huppe http://www.lafermedelahuppe.com/en/restaurant
Dinner: Bartavelle in Goult
Thursday – Cooking lessons at Jean-luc Rabanel in Arles (cant book until next June)
Rest of the day in Arles
Friday – Market day in Bonnieux, visit other villages
Lunch: Auberge des Carrieres in Les Taillades
Dinner: Stuff from the market (savory tartes from the Tarte Man)
Saturday - No real plans
Lunch: Le Pastorale in Cereste
Dinner: la Petite Cave in Saignon
Sunday – Marseille to London
I have also heard that Valensole is great for photographing the lavender and sunflowers - can anyone provide feedback on that - is it worth the trip?
Any tips, great photo ops, restaurants, wineries etc would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 2 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 5 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
Good morning Fodorites,