Good morning Fodorites,
I am planning our 9 day trip to Provence the beginning of July to photograph the lavender next year and could use some help. I have Stu's amazing itinerary (thanks again Stu) and have the following:
Flights in and out of Marseille
8 nights staying at Les Terraces du Luberon in Bonnieux: http://www.lesterrassesduluberon.fr/index-english.htm
Our main plans are to stay in the Luberon and relax, eat lovely food & drink fabulous wine (for a change ha), and photograph the region. We spent a week in St Remy in 2006 and have been to Avignon, Les Baux etc...
These are the plans so far:
Saturday – London to Marseille
Fly into Marseille arriving at 10:30 from London and drive to Bonnieux – any recommendations for a lovely lunch along the way, preferably outside?
It looks like Maison Gouin in Coustellet is open 15:00 – 19:00 on Sat so we can go out and get stuff for a picnic dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday. This place comes highly recommended…?
Dinner at Le Fournil in Bonnieux http://www.lefournil-bonnieux.com/
Sunday – Relaxing day – market in Coustellet, photograph a few villages
Lunch: le Castelas in Sivèrgues
Dinner: Picnic on our terrace (maybe drinks at Bastide)
Monday – Kayaking under Pont de Gard
Dinner: L’Arome in Bonnieux
Tuesday – Local area wine touring by Menerbes/Bonnieux (any great wineries to visit?)
Lunch at Le Sanglier Paresseux Caseneuve (by Apt)
Lourmarin evening market and dinner (pick up stuff for tomorrow) - is this a decent market??
Wednesday – Early morning photograph Sénanque Abbey, visit more villages
Lunch: La Ferme de la Huppe http://www.lafermedelahuppe.com/en/restaurant
Dinner: Bartavelle in Goult
Thursday – Cooking lessons at Jean-luc Rabanel in Arles (cant book until next June)
Rest of the day in Arles
Friday – Market day in Bonnieux, visit other villages
Lunch: Auberge des Carrieres in Les Taillades
Dinner: Stuff from the market (savory tartes from the Tarte Man)
Saturday - No real plans
Lunch: Le Pastorale in Cereste
Dinner: la Petite Cave in Saignon
Sunday – Marseille to London
I have also heard that Valensole is great for photographing the lavender and sunflowers - can anyone provide feedback on that - is it worth the trip?
Any tips, great photo ops, restaurants, wineries etc would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 French theater in Paris
- 3 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 4 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 5 Lyon
- 6 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 7 Self drive tour companies
- 8 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 9 Germany family road trip help!
- 10 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 11 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 12 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 13 Barcelona
- 14 France, UK and Ireland
- 15 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 16 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Italian lakes
- 20 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 21 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 22 What do after Bernia Express?
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 25 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
Good morning Fodorites,