Good morning Fodorites,
I am planning our 9 day trip to Provence the beginning of July to photograph the lavender next year and could use some help. I have Stu's amazing itinerary (thanks again Stu) and have the following:
Flights in and out of Marseille
8 nights staying at Les Terraces du Luberon in Bonnieux: http://www.lesterrassesduluberon.fr/index-english.htm
Our main plans are to stay in the Luberon and relax, eat lovely food & drink fabulous wine (for a change ha), and photograph the region. We spent a week in St Remy in 2006 and have been to Avignon, Les Baux etc...
These are the plans so far:
Saturday – London to Marseille
Fly into Marseille arriving at 10:30 from London and drive to Bonnieux – any recommendations for a lovely lunch along the way, preferably outside?
It looks like Maison Gouin in Coustellet is open 15:00 – 19:00 on Sat so we can go out and get stuff for a picnic dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday. This place comes highly recommended…?
Dinner at Le Fournil in Bonnieux http://www.lefournil-bonnieux.com/
Sunday – Relaxing day – market in Coustellet, photograph a few villages
Lunch: le Castelas in Sivèrgues
Dinner: Picnic on our terrace (maybe drinks at Bastide)
Monday – Kayaking under Pont de Gard
Dinner: L’Arome in Bonnieux
Tuesday – Local area wine touring by Menerbes/Bonnieux (any great wineries to visit?)
Lunch at Le Sanglier Paresseux Caseneuve (by Apt)
Lourmarin evening market and dinner (pick up stuff for tomorrow) - is this a decent market??
Wednesday – Early morning photograph Sénanque Abbey, visit more villages
Lunch: La Ferme de la Huppe http://www.lafermedelahuppe.com/en/restaurant
Dinner: Bartavelle in Goult
Thursday – Cooking lessons at Jean-luc Rabanel in Arles (cant book until next June)
Rest of the day in Arles
Friday – Market day in Bonnieux, visit other villages
Lunch: Auberge des Carrieres in Les Taillades
Dinner: Stuff from the market (savory tartes from the Tarte Man)
Saturday - No real plans
Lunch: Le Pastorale in Cereste
Dinner: la Petite Cave in Saignon
Sunday – Marseille to London
I have also heard that Valensole is great for photographing the lavender and sunflowers - can anyone provide feedback on that - is it worth the trip?
Any tips, great photo ops, restaurants, wineries etc would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 EPSON printer Installation CONTACT☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h Supp0rt care
- 2 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT ☎ YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 3 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 4 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 5 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 6 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 7 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 8 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 9 Train Through Spain
- 10 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 13 Italy June 6-16
- 14 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 15 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 16 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 hill of crosses
- 19 Planning A trip
- 20 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 21 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 22 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 23 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 24 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 25 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
Good morning Fodorites,