Good morning Fodorites,
I am planning our 9 day trip to Provence the beginning of July to photograph the lavender next year and could use some help. I have Stu's amazing itinerary (thanks again Stu) and have the following:
Flights in and out of Marseille
8 nights staying at Les Terraces du Luberon in Bonnieux: http://www.lesterrassesduluberon.fr/index-english.htm
Our main plans are to stay in the Luberon and relax, eat lovely food & drink fabulous wine (for a change ha), and photograph the region. We spent a week in St Remy in 2006 and have been to Avignon, Les Baux etc...
These are the plans so far:
Saturday – London to Marseille
Fly into Marseille arriving at 10:30 from London and drive to Bonnieux – any recommendations for a lovely lunch along the way, preferably outside?
It looks like Maison Gouin in Coustellet is open 15:00 – 19:00 on Sat so we can go out and get stuff for a picnic dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday. This place comes highly recommended…?
Dinner at Le Fournil in Bonnieux http://www.lefournil-bonnieux.com/
Sunday – Relaxing day – market in Coustellet, photograph a few villages
Lunch: le Castelas in Sivèrgues
Dinner: Picnic on our terrace (maybe drinks at Bastide)
Monday – Kayaking under Pont de Gard
Dinner: L’Arome in Bonnieux
Tuesday – Local area wine touring by Menerbes/Bonnieux (any great wineries to visit?)
Lunch at Le Sanglier Paresseux Caseneuve (by Apt)
Lourmarin evening market and dinner (pick up stuff for tomorrow) - is this a decent market??
Wednesday – Early morning photograph Sénanque Abbey, visit more villages
Lunch: La Ferme de la Huppe http://www.lafermedelahuppe.com/en/restaurant
Dinner: Bartavelle in Goult
Thursday – Cooking lessons at Jean-luc Rabanel in Arles (cant book until next June)
Rest of the day in Arles
Friday – Market day in Bonnieux, visit other villages
Lunch: Auberge des Carrieres in Les Taillades
Dinner: Stuff from the market (savory tartes from the Tarte Man)
Saturday - No real plans
Lunch: Le Pastorale in Cereste
Dinner: la Petite Cave in Saignon
Sunday – Marseille to London
I have also heard that Valensole is great for photographing the lavender and sunflowers - can anyone provide feedback on that - is it worth the trip?
Any tips, great photo ops, restaurants, wineries etc would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 2 One week in Europe
- 3 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 4 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 5 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Munich itinerary review
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 10 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 11 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 12 Switzerland in September
- 13 Where to eat in Rome?
- 14 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 15 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 16 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 17 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
- 18 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 19 AMS Car Rental
- 20 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 London Theater
- 23 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 24 Europe itinerary questions
- 25 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
Good morning Fodorites,