Good morning Fodorites,
I am planning our 9 day trip to Provence the beginning of July to photograph the lavender next year and could use some help. I have Stu's amazing itinerary (thanks again Stu) and have the following:
Flights in and out of Marseille
8 nights staying at Les Terraces du Luberon in Bonnieux: http://www.lesterrassesduluberon.fr/index-english.htm
Our main plans are to stay in the Luberon and relax, eat lovely food & drink fabulous wine (for a change ha), and photograph the region. We spent a week in St Remy in 2006 and have been to Avignon, Les Baux etc...
These are the plans so far:
Saturday – London to Marseille
Fly into Marseille arriving at 10:30 from London and drive to Bonnieux – any recommendations for a lovely lunch along the way, preferably outside?
It looks like Maison Gouin in Coustellet is open 15:00 – 19:00 on Sat so we can go out and get stuff for a picnic dinner on Sunday and lunch on Monday. This place comes highly recommended…?
Dinner at Le Fournil in Bonnieux http://www.lefournil-bonnieux.com/
Sunday – Relaxing day – market in Coustellet, photograph a few villages
Lunch: le Castelas in Sivèrgues
Dinner: Picnic on our terrace (maybe drinks at Bastide)
Monday – Kayaking under Pont de Gard
Dinner: L’Arome in Bonnieux
Tuesday – Local area wine touring by Menerbes/Bonnieux (any great wineries to visit?)
Lunch at Le Sanglier Paresseux Caseneuve (by Apt)
Lourmarin evening market and dinner (pick up stuff for tomorrow) - is this a decent market??
Wednesday – Early morning photograph Sénanque Abbey, visit more villages
Lunch: La Ferme de la Huppe http://www.lafermedelahuppe.com/en/restaurant
Dinner: Bartavelle in Goult
Thursday – Cooking lessons at Jean-luc Rabanel in Arles (cant book until next June)
Rest of the day in Arles
Friday – Market day in Bonnieux, visit other villages
Lunch: Auberge des Carrieres in Les Taillades
Dinner: Stuff from the market (savory tartes from the Tarte Man)
Saturday - No real plans
Lunch: Le Pastorale in Cereste
Dinner: la Petite Cave in Saignon
Sunday – Marseille to London
I have also heard that Valensole is great for photographing the lavender and sunflowers - can anyone provide feedback on that - is it worth the trip?
Any tips, great photo ops, restaurants, wineries etc would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 2 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 London is it worth it?
- 5 First visit to London
- 6 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 7 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 8 Croatia, Montenegro, Slovenia Itinerary July
- 9 Paris and Normandy
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 12 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 13 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 14 Help me make this possible!
- 15 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 16 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 17 Car Rental
- 18 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 19 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 20 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 21 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 22 Balkans
- 23 My first trip to Crete
- 24 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 25 Ireland Trip
Good morning Fodorites,