This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 2 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Berlin, Nice and London
- 5 charming cities in Spain
- 6 Seeking advice from Tuscany experts
- 7 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 8 Day in Madrid
- 9 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 10 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 11 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 12 Venice
- 13 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 14 Family vacation to europe
- 15 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 18 16 Day Europe Itenerary
- 19 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 20 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 21 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 22 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 23 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 24 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas