This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Revised itinerary for italy
- 3 Amalfi Coast help
- 4 Paris Metro
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 16 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 17 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 CDG airport and connection time
- 22 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 23 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 24 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 25 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal