This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frantic Ticket Purchase Upends Itinerary ... No Open Jaw -
- 2 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 3 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 4 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 5 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 6 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 7 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 8 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 9 3 Nights And 4 Days In Serbia
- 10 http://tophealthysolutions.com/lightstrike-360-tactical-flashlight/
- 11 Amalfi or Positano
- 12 Late August Trip to Northern Italy
- 13 Sleeping Beauty's Castle
- 14 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 15 St.Malo Suggestions ?
- 16 Public Transport information App/Website
- 17 Rome to Portofino -
- 18 Portugal. & Southern Spain
- 19 Driving in Sicily: Help!
- 20 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 21 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 22 Sim Card
- 23 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 24 Looking for advice on a Paris-based day trip to Reims
- 25 Recommendations re walking tours in Dubrovnik and Split