This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
photo developing question
- 1 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 Advises for trip to Russia
- 4 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 5 March 2013: Barcelona, Rome and Prague Trip Report
- 6 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 9 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 12 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 First time traveler to Ireland
- 15 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 16 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 17 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 18 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 19 Prague - must see
- 20 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 21 Spain - Andalucia
- 22 Car in Prague
- 23 Euro Train
- 24 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 25 Need info on smoking in Dijon area