This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Part 2 -Five Weeks in France - September 2015
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Florence & Como - Itinerary 90% finalized - looking for insights
- 4 I'm Croatian, ask me anything!
- 5 When and how to book for a trip?
- 6 Car travel from Barcelona to Lourdes in December
- 7 Paris-Italy-Spain trip
- 8 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 9 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 10 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 11 France to stop making foie grois
- 12 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 13 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 14 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 15 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 16 please revew provence agenda
- 17 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 18 Hotels in Aix-En-Provence
- 19 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 20 Lake Como - basta!
- 21 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 22 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 23 Portable WiFi Device in Poland
- 24 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 25 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family