This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 4 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 5 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 8 Paris---baguette question???
- 9 Pyrenees 10-Day Driving Itinerary
- 10 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 11 Scenic Driving Routes
- 12 Visiting Spain in January
- 13 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 14 Flights from Croatia
- 15 Amsterdam Festival of LIghts
- 16 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 17 3 nights in St Petersburg, 3 in Moscow, Private tour vs. Group?
- 18 Visiting Europe for 1 week: Prague or Rome?
- 19 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 20 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 21 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 22 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 23 Europe in late January
- 24 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 25 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May