This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 2 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 3 Bandol port of call
- 4 Scotland Highlands
- 5 Bavaria in August
- 6 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 7 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 8 Illegal vacation apts. in Paris
- 9 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 10 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 11 Daughter has British passport can she get free education in UK
- 12 Guarda ->Zurich, Luzern->Ascona
- 13 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 14 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 15 Lake Garda or Lake Lugano?
- 16 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 17 Hyeres? Grimaud? elsewhere?
- 18 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 19 What clothes?
- 20 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 21 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 22 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 23 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 24 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 25 Help with London accomodation - totally confused now.