This trip was a bit different in that I "only" took about 13 rolls of film (as opposed to mostly digital photos!) I was very glad to have two cameras with me, one my new digital and one being my old carbuncle... when my battery conked out I had ol' Nellie to rely on for a few days until I was able to replace my stupid plug converter which also took a powder! (traveling around a holiday makes it tough to find anything open!)
at any rate, I have a lot of film to develop and in years past always went to the best photo shop I could to get prints to use as proofs. this time, I'd like to experiment with getting the proofs on CD but am curious to know how useful the actual CDs are for quality prints after the fact.
I don't just mean 4x6s, I mean taking the CD and perhaps uploading and ordering a huge print online. the advantage of film is that if the photo is good enough, you can blow it up to 8x12 and it still looks good, or even larger. will the CD do the same, or, will I have to later take my negatives back in to get anything large? The CD would make it so convenient, if they are high enough resolution anyway!
any tips anyone? thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 US : HP Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482 :3831 HP PRINTER 24*7
- 3 Paris for children
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 5 London in September
- 6 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 7 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 8 Couscous
- 9 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 10 Scotland - We're Here!
- 11 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 12 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 13 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 14 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 15 IWM
- 16 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 17 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 18 Guided Vatican Tours
- 19 Apartment/accomodation in Dubrovnik and Split
- 20 Best Masseria in Puglia
- 21 Train / Calabria
- 22 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 23 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 24 London in Winter Report
- 25 16 days in France and Italy