My husband and I are going on a month long trip ard France, Spain & Portugal in June.
I have been wracking my brain trying to book a train from Perpignan to Barcelona for June 16, 2013. I've checked on the sncf website, as well as the renfe website. The sncf website shows a train at leaving perpignan at 1216, when I try to book I get a technical error. When I select the option and go to choose my seats, it tells me the second leg AVE train has no places available. This happens for every train trip I select on that day or the day before, regardless of the price of the ticket. Does this mean the train is unavailable for booking or that it is full?
To double check, I went on the renfe website and tried to find the schedule for Figueres to Barcelona and it lists the connecting AVANT34142 train as "The requested train is not available at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later." What does this mean?
In the case that these trains are all booked, can someone suggest another way (via public transit) to get from Perpignan to Barcelona? We need to get into Barcelona on June 16.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 2 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 3 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 6 Gluten Free in Italy
- 7 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 8 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 9 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 12 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 13 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 14 A few last minute questions
- 15 I'm KuKu for Iceland
- 16 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 17 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 18 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 22 Portugal trains
- 23 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 25 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?