My husband and I are going on a month long trip ard France, Spain & Portugal in June.
I have been wracking my brain trying to book a train from Perpignan to Barcelona for June 16, 2013. I've checked on the sncf website, as well as the renfe website. The sncf website shows a train at leaving perpignan at 1216, when I try to book I get a technical error. When I select the option and go to choose my seats, it tells me the second leg AVE train has no places available. This happens for every train trip I select on that day or the day before, regardless of the price of the ticket. Does this mean the train is unavailable for booking or that it is full?
To double check, I went on the renfe website and tried to find the schedule for Figueres to Barcelona and it lists the connecting AVANT34142 train as "The requested train is not available at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later." What does this mean?
In the case that these trains are all booked, can someone suggest another way (via public transit) to get from Perpignan to Barcelona? We need to get into Barcelona on June 16.
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 2 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 3 Sicily help
- 4 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 5 Transport for local Venice travel
- 6 Borghese Gallery Question
- 7 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 8 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 9 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 10 London vacation rental agency
- 11 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 12 Towns around Lucca
- 13 Cork questions
- 14 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 15 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 16 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 17 Italy Vacation
- 18 Stu Tower
- 19 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 20 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 21 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 22 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 23 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 24 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 25 Germany or Sweden