My husband and I are going on a month long trip ard France, Spain & Portugal in June.
I have been wracking my brain trying to book a train from Perpignan to Barcelona for June 16, 2013. I've checked on the sncf website, as well as the renfe website. The sncf website shows a train at leaving perpignan at 1216, when I try to book I get a technical error. When I select the option and go to choose my seats, it tells me the second leg AVE train has no places available. This happens for every train trip I select on that day or the day before, regardless of the price of the ticket. Does this mean the train is unavailable for booking or that it is full?
To double check, I went on the renfe website and tried to find the schedule for Figueres to Barcelona and it lists the connecting AVANT34142 train as "The requested train is not available at the moment. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later." What does this mean?
In the case that these trains are all booked, can someone suggest another way (via public transit) to get from Perpignan to Barcelona? We need to get into Barcelona on June 16.
Thanks so much in advance!
Perpignan to Barcelon Train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 3 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 4 Sicily - not a trip report
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 7 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 8 Fashion for larger man?
- 9 car rental advice in Portugal
- 10 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 11 Fjords, How To?
- 12 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 13 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 14 Duoro river cruises
- 15 What to wear
- 16 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 17 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 18 Budget for 3 Month's
- 19 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 22 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 23 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?
- 24 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 25 Traveling in France by train