We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 2 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 3 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 4 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 5 HELP! Mediolanum Forum Assago, Italy??
- 6 Expresso Wifi - Other Wifi Devices
- 7 Amsterdam historical walking tour
- 8 French Basque country
- 9 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 10 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 11 If Greece exits
- 12 €2500 for full day boating outing on Amalfi coast?
- 13 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 14 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 15 driving loop in Normandy
- 16 Wurzberg parking outside of city
- 17 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 18 Berlin Itinerary
- 19 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 20 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 21 Last minute London hotel recommendation needed
- 22 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 23 Fall trip to The Netherlands and Belgium
- 24 Three girls in Naples
- 25 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!