We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Switzerland
- 2 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 3 Korean Messages
- 4 Petrol in Greece
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 7 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 8 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 9 Budapest in December 2017
- 10 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 11 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 12 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 13 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 14 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 15 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 6-7 Days in France
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017