We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 2 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 3 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 4 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 5 French open
- 6 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 7 tulips in the Netherland
- 8 England and Scotland
- 9 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 10 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 11 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 12 Azores
- 13 Azores
- 14 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 15 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 22 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 23 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German