We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Story of the German Christmas star
- 2 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 3 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 4 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 5 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 8 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 9 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 10 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 11 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 driving in france with kids
- 14 Southern Spain
- 15 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 19 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 20 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 21 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 22 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 23 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers