We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Short Holiday Kiev and Chernobyl
- 2 Hotel comes back with lower price after booking with booking dot com
- 3 The Barceloneta Experiment
- 4 Saltzburg,Nuremberg and munich
- 5 Our Next Europe Trip
- 6 Getting Around Toledo
- 7 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 8 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 9 Long Weekend in Scotland for Edinburgh Fringe
- 10 First time to London- which luxury hotel
- 11 Help planning 10 day trip near Brussels/Amsterdam
- 12 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 13 Day trip to Pompeii from Napoli
- 14 Looking for music in Istanbul
- 15 Calm base in Italy, Beginning of October
- 16 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 17 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 18 Why Are We NOT Packed Yet? Munich, Verona, Stresa, Edinburgh, and London
- 19 Trip Report: 17 days in Spain & Portugal
- 20 four old ladies in spain
- 21 Paris - for the 6th time - need new ideas!
- 22 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 23 The cathedral of Amiens in color
- 24 Check out this amazing hotel just off the coast of Galway
- 25 Air France new business flat bed seats in fall, old seats in summer?