We are planning a trip to Greece next June for my youngest step-daughters graduation present. It will be my wife, myself and two daughters (18 and 20). We have 10 or 11 nights on the ground and she doesn't think she wants to visit an island, and would prefer not to switch lodging locations more than once or twice, save for a return trip for one night in Athens prior to flight home. When we have asked her what she wants to do with her time in Greece, she has focused on history and the food....
After a lot of reading, it seems like 3 days in Athens is adequate and after that, the Peloponnese Peninsula probably best suits her interests. Would you say that is accurate?
If that is where you would focus, how would you allocate the remaining days?
One thought was after the three days in Athens, just spend the rest of the trip in Navplion, and plan to make some day trips to sights.
Another thought was to spend a night at Delphi on our way down to spend the rest of the trip at Navplion.
One thought was to split the remaining days between Navplion and another location. If we did this, where would you recommend?
If we just stayed in Navplion, is a day trip to Mystras worth it, or is that too far?
Thanks for whatever advice you can give!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 2 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 3 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 4 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 7 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 8 14 nights in Europe
- 9 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 10 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 13 Oxford 24 hours
- 14 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 15 England and Wales by public transport
- 16 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 17 Ireland & Scotland
- 18 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 19 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 20 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 21 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 22 Two Capitals of Central Europe and an Interlude in Frankfurt
- 23 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 24 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 25 Andalucia in December