My husband and I are planning a 8-9 day trip through French and Spanish basque country. We appreciate natural beauty, all things that are old and rustic, and food and wine. We would greatly appreciate any suggestions and advice! I am 27 and he is 40.
We will rent a car in Bordeaux and drive south....here are some ideas.
Drive from Bordeaux to Saint pee sur nivelle. Visit Sare and/or Ascain whilst there. Is it possible to visit these towns in one day? Where of the three should we sleep? Keep in mind we are interested in places where we can eat and drink at nite-
Next day- Drive to Ainhoa and visit. Sleep in St. Pied du port. Maybe visit Saint palais? Where should we sleep?
Next- Drive to Hondarribia. Sleep in San sebastian.
Next- Drive to Bilbao and spend the nite.
Next- day trip from Bilbao to Bermeo. Spend the nite again in Bilbao
Should we edit our trip to incorporate Bayonne? Laguardia? Briones? Santillane del Mar? Barcene Mayor?
Our plan is to return our car in Bilbao and fly back to the city we flew into from the US (London)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chania
- 2 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 3 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 7 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 8 Help on ancient history route
- 9 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 10 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 11 Studying art in English in venice
- 12 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 13 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 16 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 17 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 18 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 19 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 20 French language immersion schools in France
- 21 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 22 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 23 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 24 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 25 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area