My husband and I are planning a 8-9 day trip through French and Spanish basque country. We appreciate natural beauty, all things that are old and rustic, and food and wine. We would greatly appreciate any suggestions and advice! I am 27 and he is 40.
We will rent a car in Bordeaux and drive south....here are some ideas.
Drive from Bordeaux to Saint pee sur nivelle. Visit Sare and/or Ascain whilst there. Is it possible to visit these towns in one day? Where of the three should we sleep? Keep in mind we are interested in places where we can eat and drink at nite-
Next day- Drive to Ainhoa and visit. Sleep in St. Pied du port. Maybe visit Saint palais? Where should we sleep?
Next- Drive to Hondarribia. Sleep in San sebastian.
Next- Drive to Bilbao and spend the nite.
Next- day trip from Bilbao to Bermeo. Spend the nite again in Bilbao
Should we edit our trip to incorporate Bayonne? Laguardia? Briones? Santillane del Mar? Barcene Mayor?
Our plan is to return our car in Bilbao and fly back to the city we flew into from the US (London)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Revised itinerary for italy
- 2 Bernina Express mid-March
- 3 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 4 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 7 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 10 where to stay in London?
- 11 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 14 Flamenco in October
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 17 4 days itinerary for France
- 18 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 19 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 20 getting to CDG
- 21 A Month stay in Southern France
- 22 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 23 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 24 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 25 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia