I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 2 Europe in 21 days
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Spain Questions
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 7 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 8 Avignon to London?
- 9 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 10 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 11 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 12 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 13 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 one last portugal car rental question
- 17 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 20 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 21 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 22 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 23 Street food in Turkey
- 24 Dublin Hostels
- 25 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014