I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
View all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 3 One more last question on Bayeux
- 4 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 5 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 6 Medieval Tallinn
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 11 Euro Train
- 12 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 13 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 14 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 15 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 Italian language schools
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 When to visit Provence updated info
- 19 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 20 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 21 Lucerne & Zurich
- 22 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 23 Trip around Spain
- 24 Venice in Jan
- 25 5 days in Granada - Seville?