I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 2 Milan/Venice/Como/Milan Train Transportation
- 3 Croatia: BEACHES/NIGHTCLUBS
- 4 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 5 Mama Mia Italy!
- 6 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 7 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 8 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 9 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 10 Majorca - where to stay?
- 11 Student Visas/Schengen Zone
- 12 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 13 Dordogne in October
- 14 iPhone Sim Data Question (UK, Italy, France)
- 15 Travel sim with Free Incoming
- 16 Does this sound feasible?
- 17 Bike touring in France
- 18 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 19 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 20 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 21 Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?
- 22 Lake Como in October- when does season change
- 23 Calling home from abroad
- 24 Visiting Verona Arena during the day
- 25 Good Flamenco in Seville