I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 3 driving in france with kids
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 6 Southern Spain
- 7 Three ferries to Mull
- 8 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 9 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 10 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 11 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 12 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 13 Story of the German Christmas star
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 16 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 17 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 18 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 21 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 22 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 23 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 24 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 25 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano