I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 2 Albania by bus in 10 days??
- 3 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 4 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 5 Monet in Normandy
- 6 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 7 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 8 9 days in Italy - beginning in Venice
- 9 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 10 "New SAT Won’t Include Obscure Vocabulary Words"
- 11 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 12 7 Nights in Paris
- 13 Gargano Promontory
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 Santorini
- 16 Day Trip from Paris? Versailles - go or no? Other ideas . . .
- 17 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 18 Airport to Piraeus
- 19 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 20 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 21 Day trips from Seville
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 24 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 25 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?