I have a flight going to Poland from the U.S. that has a connection in Berlin Tegel. The flight is a single ticket, but the flight to Berlin is operated by United and the flight from Berlin on is operated by Lot. The connection is a little tight (although the airline says anything over 45 min is enough). The airline also says I will have to go through "Customs." I'm wondering if anyone has experience there and if I will need to go through passport control only or full customs. I'm trying to decide if it will be faster to check my bag (which it would if they will check it all the way through to Poland) or if they will make me pick up the bag to go through customs like they do for connecting flights back to the U.S. and then check it again, which would make carry on luggage easier. Any suggestions?
Passport control and Customs in EU with Connecting Flights
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 4 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 5 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 6 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 7 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 8 Interesting travel scam article
- 9 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 10 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 11 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 12 10 days in England
- 13 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 14 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 15 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 16 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 17 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 18 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 19 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 20 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 21 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 22 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 23 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 24 Drawing courses in Paris
- 25 Looking for add on city