since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 2 Italy travel plan help
- 3 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 4 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 5 Budapest language lessons
- 6 Thinking about the Fjords
- 7 Tours in Wales
- 8 How to spend 6 days in Stockholm ?
- 9 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 10 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 11 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 12 barcelona neighborhood
- 13 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 14 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 15 Alsace to Austria?
- 16 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 17 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 18 Shorts in South of France?
- 19 Posting Packages from Central Europe
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Late fall 2015 visit to Poland, Budapest and Amsterdam
- 22 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 23 Private Guide in Lyon
- 24 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 25 Budapest Card