since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Parlament area: a nice place to stay/safe?
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 3 15 days in Europe,
- 4 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 5 Advises for trip to Russia
- 6 Europe with young teens
- 7 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 8 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 9 Planning a holiday
- 10 Nice to St Remy overnight stop in Cassis?
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Gogartys, Dublin
- 13 Prague - must see
- 14 Sicily 10 days
- 15 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 16 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 17 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 18 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 19 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 20 Portugal in September
- 21 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 22 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 23 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 24 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia