since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Icloud@ password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 How to travel from Thessaloniki airport to Halkidiki
- 3 NEED AN URGENT LOAN?
- 4 Renting a car in Greece
- 5 Iceland france spain
- 6 Ex-pats with young kids
- 7 Maximizing Norway time
- 8 Greece
- 9 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 10 southeast sicily town as home base
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 17 London with Teens Trip Report
- 18 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 19 Top Tapas Tascas
- 20 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 23 Iceland car rental agencies
- 24 Ludwig Castles
- 25 Best Viking Sites