since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Parlament area: a nice place to stay/safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 2 Prague - Tram #22
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 5 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 8 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 9 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 10 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 11 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 12 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 Porto -City Break
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 21 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 22 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 23 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 24 London hotel
- 25 A drive in Europe