since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Parlament area: a nice place to stay/safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 3 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 4 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 5 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 6 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 7 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 8 Shoes for Paris in April
- 9 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 10 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 11 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 12 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 13 21 Days in Central Europe
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 London visit
- 16 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 17 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 18 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 19 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 20 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 21 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 24 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 25 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?