since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 8 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 9 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 10 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 11 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 12 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 13 Castle Stays in Wales
- 14 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 15 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 18 Can parking
- 19 italy Cinque Terre
- 20 San Sebastián
- 21 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia