since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 2 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 3 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 4 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 5 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 6 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 7 Hotel advice
- 8 Tour or independent
- 9 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 10 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 11 Budir, Iceland
- 12 River Boat Cruise
- 13 where to stay in Malta
- 14 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 15 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 16 London with kids
- 17 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 18 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 19 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 20 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 21 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 22 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 23 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 24 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website