since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Parlament area: a nice place to stay/safe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 2 history museums or locations
- 3 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 4 Italy dolomites
- 5 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 6 22 year olds in Europe
- 7 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 8 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 9 Good times in Munich, the city
- 10 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 11 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 12 Airport ATMs
- 13 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 14 Cylades Island Hopping
- 15 One week in Spain, late May
- 16 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 17 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 18 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 19 Day roadtrips from Munich base
- 20 Berlin Prague Vienna Munich
- 21 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 22 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 23 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 24 5 Observations About Paris
- 25 Lake Como transportation questions