since you're helping me A LOT on my next trip to eastern europe, i'll will ask you for an opinion:
my plane arrives at 8pm in Budapest, so i guess it would take me at least two hours to the boring procedure of immigration/customs/airport/hostel check in. and yeah, i'll be free at around 10pm.
i'll probably be tired from my long journey, but i wish i could see on my first day the beautiful budapest at night <3. from what im reading, the parlament area is one of the nicest views from the city, right? then, my inicial idea was to stay on a hostel in this area, so i could just hang around, have a nice beer and then come back to the hostel, by foot (i won't try the subway on my first day). i want to see the danube, the yellow lights as soon as i arrive!
well, here are my questions:
- is it a nice area to stay? i found many hostels near the Parlament, on Pest. i saw that there are subway stations also.
- is it safe to walk alone at this time? i'll be alone, and i'm a girl.
- are there open places, such as bars, pubs, cafes or anything like that, by this time? are there pple walking on the streets or is it a empty neighbour?
it might be relevant to mention that i'll arrive on a tuesday night.
thanks a lot =)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 4 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 5 Provence to Nice driving
- 6 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 7 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 8 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 9 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 10 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 11 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 12 Barcelona on budget
- 13 Advice for England and France travels?
- 14 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 15 please revew provence agenda
- 16 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 17 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 18 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 19 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 20 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 21 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 22 Where to go in March??
- 23 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 24 Late June 2017 - Capri/Amalfi Coast vs Serengeti Safari
- 25 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites