I was in Vienna for a visit. I got a penalty parking ticket that costs me to pay for €36.00.
For me, it was a great catch! No signs of anything on where to buy a parking ticket?! I remember then that somebody told me to buy a parking ticket on tobacco shops. I have searched tobacco shops in most corners nearby but it all of it were closed. So I decided to leave my car without a parking ticket hoping that if someone would give me a penalty, I could explain that all tobacco shops in the nearby parking were closed. But, then to my dismay, when I get back after an hour, the parking ticket was clipped-in my wiper.
I have asked the officer that put and gave me the said penalty ticket and replied me that I should buy the parking ticket to the nearby tobacco shops before I leave my car. But I answered him that I have searched in most corners of this area and all of it were closed. Then, he just said sorry. Of course, I still asked him why there’s no signs/information where to buy parking ticket or any automated parking machines? He just replied – We are saving! Oh my God, I was surprised by his answer! I still informed him that I lived in 2 cities in Austria; one in Graz and one in Villach. All those have automated ticket machines plus Parking signs. For a nice city of Vienna that is ridiculous not to have any?!!! Why don’t they have those Parking signs and Automated Parking ticket?! Are those penalties a “catch” for visitors?!
To my embarrassment, I drove back to Munich and did not stay any longer in Vienna!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 Italian lakes
- 3 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 4 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 5 France, UK and Ireland
- 6 French theater in Paris
- 7 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 8 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 9 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 10 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 11 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 12 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 13 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 14 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 15 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 16 What do after Bernia Express?
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 19 Walking itinerary in England?
- 20 Rouen Tour Companies
- 21 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 22 No Periods in British Written English!
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal