I was in Vienna for a visit. I got a penalty parking ticket that costs me to pay for €36.00.
For me, it was a great catch! No signs of anything on where to buy a parking ticket?! I remember then that somebody told me to buy a parking ticket on tobacco shops. I have searched tobacco shops in most corners nearby but it all of it were closed. So I decided to leave my car without a parking ticket hoping that if someone would give me a penalty, I could explain that all tobacco shops in the nearby parking were closed. But, then to my dismay, when I get back after an hour, the parking ticket was clipped-in my wiper.
I have asked the officer that put and gave me the said penalty ticket and replied me that I should buy the parking ticket to the nearby tobacco shops before I leave my car. But I answered him that I have searched in most corners of this area and all of it were closed. Then, he just said sorry. Of course, I still asked him why there’s no signs/information where to buy parking ticket or any automated parking machines? He just replied – We are saving! Oh my God, I was surprised by his answer! I still informed him that I lived in 2 cities in Austria; one in Graz and one in Villach. All those have automated ticket machines plus Parking signs. For a nice city of Vienna that is ridiculous not to have any?!!! Why don’t they have those Parking signs and Automated Parking ticket?! Are those penalties a “catch” for visitors?!
To my embarrassment, I drove back to Munich and did not stay any longer in Vienna!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Positano or Sorrento?
- 2 Munich itinerary review
- 3 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 4 13 nights in switzerland
- 5 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 6 Earthquake near Naples
- 7 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 8 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 9 3 nights in the 10th Paris
- 10 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 13 3nights in Venice
- 14 Paris in November
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 17 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 18 Football Tickets - Athens
- 19 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 20 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 21 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 24 Budapest to Kosice
- 25 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid