I was in Vienna for a visit. I got a penalty parking ticket that costs me to pay for €36.00.
For me, it was a great catch! No signs of anything on where to buy a parking ticket?! I remember then that somebody told me to buy a parking ticket on tobacco shops. I have searched tobacco shops in most corners nearby but it all of it were closed. So I decided to leave my car without a parking ticket hoping that if someone would give me a penalty, I could explain that all tobacco shops in the nearby parking were closed. But, then to my dismay, when I get back after an hour, the parking ticket was clipped-in my wiper.
I have asked the officer that put and gave me the said penalty ticket and replied me that I should buy the parking ticket to the nearby tobacco shops before I leave my car. But I answered him that I have searched in most corners of this area and all of it were closed. Then, he just said sorry. Of course, I still asked him why there’s no signs/information where to buy parking ticket or any automated parking machines? He just replied – We are saving! Oh my God, I was surprised by his answer! I still informed him that I lived in 2 cities in Austria; one in Graz and one in Villach. All those have automated ticket machines plus Parking signs. For a nice city of Vienna that is ridiculous not to have any?!!! Why don’t they have those Parking signs and Automated Parking ticket?! Are those penalties a “catch” for visitors?!
To my embarrassment, I drove back to Munich and did not stay any longer in Vienna!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 French Wedding
- 2 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 3 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 4 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 5 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 6 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 7 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 8 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 9 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 10 I may be wrong....
- 11 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 12 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 13 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 14 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 15 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 16 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 17 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 18 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 19 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 20 Cornwall UK
- 21 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 22 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 23 Porto...Questions !
- 24 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 25 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions