I was in Vienna for a visit. I got a penalty parking ticket that costs me to pay for €36.00.
For me, it was a great catch! No signs of anything on where to buy a parking ticket?! I remember then that somebody told me to buy a parking ticket on tobacco shops. I have searched tobacco shops in most corners nearby but it all of it were closed. So I decided to leave my car without a parking ticket hoping that if someone would give me a penalty, I could explain that all tobacco shops in the nearby parking were closed. But, then to my dismay, when I get back after an hour, the parking ticket was clipped-in my wiper.
I have asked the officer that put and gave me the said penalty ticket and replied me that I should buy the parking ticket to the nearby tobacco shops before I leave my car. But I answered him that I have searched in most corners of this area and all of it were closed. Then, he just said sorry. Of course, I still asked him why there’s no signs/information where to buy parking ticket or any automated parking machines? He just replied – We are saving! Oh my God, I was surprised by his answer! I still informed him that I lived in 2 cities in Austria; one in Graz and one in Villach. All those have automated ticket machines plus Parking signs. For a nice city of Vienna that is ridiculous not to have any?!!! Why don’t they have those Parking signs and Automated Parking ticket?! Are those penalties a “catch” for visitors?!
To my embarrassment, I drove back to Munich and did not stay any longer in Vienna!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 3 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 4 Best Viking Sites
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Paris advice with kids
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 Chania
- 13 Iceland car rental agencies
- 14 Paris hotel
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Ex-pats with young kids
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 23 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Top Tapas Tascas