I was in Vienna for a visit. I got a penalty parking ticket that costs me to pay for €36.00.
For me, it was a great catch! No signs of anything on where to buy a parking ticket?! I remember then that somebody told me to buy a parking ticket on tobacco shops. I have searched tobacco shops in most corners nearby but it all of it were closed. So I decided to leave my car without a parking ticket hoping that if someone would give me a penalty, I could explain that all tobacco shops in the nearby parking were closed. But, then to my dismay, when I get back after an hour, the parking ticket was clipped-in my wiper.
I have asked the officer that put and gave me the said penalty ticket and replied me that I should buy the parking ticket to the nearby tobacco shops before I leave my car. But I answered him that I have searched in most corners of this area and all of it were closed. Then, he just said sorry. Of course, I still asked him why there’s no signs/information where to buy parking ticket or any automated parking machines? He just replied – We are saving! Oh my God, I was surprised by his answer! I still informed him that I lived in 2 cities in Austria; one in Graz and one in Villach. All those have automated ticket machines plus Parking signs. For a nice city of Vienna that is ridiculous not to have any?!!! Why don’t they have those Parking signs and Automated Parking ticket?! Are those penalties a “catch” for visitors?!
To my embarrassment, I drove back to Munich and did not stay any longer in Vienna!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 France Itinerary Advice
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 4 days in Provence in early June
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 19 Transportation
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Things to do in Montpellier
- 22 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 23 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Portugal by Train or Car?