We're heading from Salzburg to Frankfurt and want to stop in Munich for a few hours for Oktoberfest. It will be on the first Monday after Oktoberfest starts, around mid-day, so I'm hoping it won't be as crazy as going on a Saturday night. We'll be driving a rental car but I'd like to find a Park + Ride facility outside of the Umweltzone and take public transit to get to Theresienwiese. Any suggestions on which Park + Ride facility to use based on the direction we're coming in from and headed to afterwards and what will be most convenient?
Park and Ride outside of Munich for Oktoberfest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Making reservations in Italy
- 2 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 3 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 4 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 5 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 6 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 7 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 8 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 9 Turkey: 7 - 9 days
- 10 GPS with rental car in Europe
- 11 Potential trip - Balkans
- 12 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 13 From Milan Airport to the Last Supper
- 14 Greece ( 8 Nights)
- 15 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 16 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 17 16 day Trip to Spain - Advise on Itinerary
- 18 Travel with kids (6 & 8 yrs) to Germany/Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- 19 Is this realistic... advice?
- 20 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Age for booking a hotel?
- 23 Amboise to Carcassonne, where to stop?
- 24 Satnav maps update
- 25 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?