We're heading from Salzburg to Frankfurt and want to stop in Munich for a few hours for Oktoberfest. It will be on the first Monday after Oktoberfest starts, around mid-day, so I'm hoping it won't be as crazy as going on a Saturday night. We'll be driving a rental car but I'd like to find a Park + Ride facility outside of the Umweltzone and take public transit to get to Theresienwiese. Any suggestions on which Park + Ride facility to use based on the direction we're coming in from and headed to afterwards and what will be most convenient?
Park and Ride outside of Munich for Oktoberfest
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 England and Scotland
- 2 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 3 Hotel for last night in London--for family of 4
- 4 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 5 Athens/Istanbul March
- 6 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 9 Dublin to Armagh?
- 10 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 11 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 12 Gite and/or agritourism
- 13 Apartment for family trip to London
- 14 Prebook B&Bs
- 15 Switzerland
- 16 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 17 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 20 days in Germany
- 20 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 21 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 22 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 23 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 24 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 25 French open