My fiance and I will be travelling from India to Paris-Venice-Rome in February 2013 for our honeymoon. We are gonna be staying 3 nights per city; and we are trying to find out hotels that also include breakfast in their room rates. We are trying to figure out a tentative average daily cost of food for each of the 3 cities.
1. Paris: one of our shortlisted hotels (a 4 star one) doesn't include breakfast in its deal for Feb'13 - other one (3 star) does include it, and is cheaper too.. but the rooms are pretty small. So we are giving preference to the 4 star hotel (considering its our honeymoon - plus this one looks much more awesome! )
Could anyone tell us what could be our average costs for each day in Paris? If we go ahead with 4 star one, we'll have to look for breakfast options outside. We want to remain on budget, but ready to splurge a little probably for a lavish meal for dinner(s) maybe.
2. Venice: We have booked a hotel in Venice already; thankfully it includes a hot buffet breakfast. That said, need help with calculating the costs for the rest of the meals + any time spent in cafes over the evenings.
3. Rome: yet to finalize on a hotel - but will still need the average daily food costs.
One of us is a non-vegetarian + we would want to include occasional drinks in our meals.
Any recommendations/suggestions on good places to eat (in romantic, value for money categories) in each of the cities are also welcome.
I am so excited!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to Spain in the Fall
- 2 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 3 Gluten Free in Italy
- 4 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 5 The Bridges of Wroclaw
- 6 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 7 A few last minute questions
- 8 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 9 Sentimental Journey
- 10 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 11 Stay in Sorrento, Positano or Amalfi?
- 12 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 13 Portugal trains
- 14 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 15 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 16 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 17 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 18 Swiss German
- 19 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 20 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 21 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 22 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 23 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 24 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 25 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt