My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Europe, flying into CDG June 5 at 6:55am and out of VCE at 7:30pm on June 11. I have been to Paris for 10 days in 2010, my soon to be husband has never been anywhere in Europe.
My proposed itinerary is:
June 5-June 8 Paris, taking the Thello train the night of the 8th and waking up in Venice on the 9th
June 9-11 Venice, leaving the evening of the 11th with an overnight layover in Vienna.
I am wondering if we should try to squeeze any other places into the itinerary, between Paris and Venice. My concern is that I don't want to spend our entire trip catching trains and being pressed for time. Any good suggestions for day trips out of either Paris or Venice, or should I leave the itinerary as is? I know from experience there is plenty to keep us busy in Paris...is there enough to keep us busy in Venice?
Thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 2 Flights to Crete from NE coast of USA
- 3 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 4 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 5 Iceland car rental agencies
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 8 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 9 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 10 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 11 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 12 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 13 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 16 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 17 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 18 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 19 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 20 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 21 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 22 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 23 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 24 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 25 Maximizing Norway time