My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Europe, flying into CDG June 5 at 6:55am and out of VCE at 7:30pm on June 11. I have been to Paris for 10 days in 2010, my soon to be husband has never been anywhere in Europe.
My proposed itinerary is:
June 5-June 8 Paris, taking the Thello train the night of the 8th and waking up in Venice on the 9th
June 9-11 Venice, leaving the evening of the 11th with an overnight layover in Vienna.
I am wondering if we should try to squeeze any other places into the itinerary, between Paris and Venice. My concern is that I don't want to spend our entire trip catching trains and being pressed for time. Any good suggestions for day trips out of either Paris or Venice, or should I leave the itinerary as is? I know from experience there is plenty to keep us busy in Paris...is there enough to keep us busy in Venice?
Thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 2 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 10 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 11 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 12 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 13 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 14 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 19 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 20 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 21 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 22 Sicily
- 23 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 24 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 25 car for four adults and four bikes