My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Europe, flying into CDG June 5 at 6:55am and out of VCE at 7:30pm on June 11. I have been to Paris for 10 days in 2010, my soon to be husband has never been anywhere in Europe.
My proposed itinerary is:
June 5-June 8 Paris, taking the Thello train the night of the 8th and waking up in Venice on the 9th
June 9-11 Venice, leaving the evening of the 11th with an overnight layover in Vienna.
I am wondering if we should try to squeeze any other places into the itinerary, between Paris and Venice. My concern is that I don't want to spend our entire trip catching trains and being pressed for time. Any good suggestions for day trips out of either Paris or Venice, or should I leave the itinerary as is? I know from experience there is plenty to keep us busy in Paris...is there enough to keep us busy in Venice?
Thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer Travel order
- 2 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 3 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 8 Trip suggestion
- 9 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 10 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 11 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 12 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 15 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 16 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 17 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 18 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 19 Spain in July
- 20 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 21 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 22 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 23 Acorn TV
- 24 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 25 Petrol in Greece