My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Europe, flying into CDG June 5 at 6:55am and out of VCE at 7:30pm on June 11. I have been to Paris for 10 days in 2010, my soon to be husband has never been anywhere in Europe.
My proposed itinerary is:
June 5-June 8 Paris, taking the Thello train the night of the 8th and waking up in Venice on the 9th
June 9-11 Venice, leaving the evening of the 11th with an overnight layover in Vienna.
I am wondering if we should try to squeeze any other places into the itinerary, between Paris and Venice. My concern is that I don't want to spend our entire trip catching trains and being pressed for time. Any good suggestions for day trips out of either Paris or Venice, or should I leave the itinerary as is? I know from experience there is plenty to keep us busy in Paris...is there enough to keep us busy in Venice?
Thanks for any advice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 2 London is it worth it?
- 3 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 4 Couscous
- 5 alcazar question and seville advice
- 6 Lisbon
- 7 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 8 Tuscany Itinerary
- 9 driving from London to Lourdes
- 10 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 11 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 12 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 13 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 14 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 15 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 16 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 17 Places to stop/stay?
- 18 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 19 Visit to Sardinia
- 20 ATM
- 21 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
- 22 TIM in FCO - update
- 23 Visa Query
- 24 London in Winter Report
- 25 My thoughts go to Manchester