Comments and suggestions relative to the following itinerary would be welcome:
Trains unless otherwise noted.
Nights: [*= previous visit].
 Paris* [direct flight from SFO];
 Bologna* [daytrip to Parma];
 Ferrara ;
 Desenzano del Garda;
 Cortona* [daytrip to Orvieto*];
 Paris [flight from Rome].
Next question: May or September? The concern is weather.
We just did a Paris/Italy trip 9/19 to 10/9 and the weather was great. We are concerned about May, but on the other hand would prefer to go sooner!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental/return near London
- 2 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 3 AirBNB in London - soon to be a thing of the past?
- 4 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 5 Tot or Trans Montserrat tickets
- 6 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 7 Train or Coach from Dublin to Cork?
- 8 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 9 A week driving in Bavaria
- 10 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 11 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 12 Camino Redux
- 13 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 Catalonia: 14 days in September
- 16 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 17 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 18 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 19 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 22 Trans-Siberia Train
- 23 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 24 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 25 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station