I could use some help planning travel! I will be traveling solo and I will arrive in Paris Beauvais airport on Friday, September 2nd at 2:30 PM and depart from CDG on Tuesday, September 6 at 1:30pm. I will not be jet lagged upon arrival as I will have been in Europe one week prior to my arrival in Paris! I will have a good portion of the day when I arrive on Friday and then three full days and Tuesday is pretty much a wash... breakfast and then off to the airport.
I have been to Paris many, many times before and I love it, but I have done the typical tourist stuff and many non-typical tourist stuffs so I am looking for something a little different.
One thought is to stay in Paris the entire time and do two day tours outside of the city. I am interested in a biking and champagne tour I found in Reimes. Also, I would be interested in going to Beaches of Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, Strasbourg, train to Switzerland for the day. I realize staying in Paris the entire time I can't do all of these things, but would love recommendations or what is more feasible time was, what would be more of a wow factor, etc. I like a little bit of everything... culture, beautiful architecture, big cities, small towns, beaches, activity (hiking, biking, etc) wine/champagne tasting, food, cheese, and chocolate. You name it chances are it will sound fun to me. In addition, I am looking for some different ideas for the day I do spend in Paris.
Another thought was to skip Paris altogether and perhaps rent a car or take a train and do northwest France (Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, etc. Or rent car/train to the east, champagne, Strasbourg, etc. Or train to Lausanne and train/drive around Switzerland (Zermatt, Gruyere, etc.). I love the thought of the beautiful mountains and crisp air in Switzerland, but I'm also thinking save it for another time and see parts of France I haven't seen since I must fly in and out of France.
Please help... any and all recommendations would be helpful, even if it is something I haven't mentioned!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 4 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 5 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 6 Paris Metro
- 7 A good book!!
- 8 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 9 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 10 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 11 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 14 If you had to choose one......
- 15 CDG airport and connection time
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 19 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 20 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 23 getting to CDG
- 24 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 25 Stop between Umbria and Firenze