I could use some help planning travel! I will be traveling solo and I will arrive in Paris Beauvais airport on Friday, September 2nd at 2:30 PM and depart from CDG on Tuesday, September 6 at 1:30pm. I will not be jet lagged upon arrival as I will have been in Europe one week prior to my arrival in Paris! I will have a good portion of the day when I arrive on Friday and then three full days and Tuesday is pretty much a wash... breakfast and then off to the airport.
I have been to Paris many, many times before and I love it, but I have done the typical tourist stuff and many non-typical tourist stuffs so I am looking for something a little different.
One thought is to stay in Paris the entire time and do two day tours outside of the city. I am interested in a biking and champagne tour I found in Reimes. Also, I would be interested in going to Beaches of Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, Strasbourg, train to Switzerland for the day. I realize staying in Paris the entire time I can't do all of these things, but would love recommendations or what is more feasible time was, what would be more of a wow factor, etc. I like a little bit of everything... culture, beautiful architecture, big cities, small towns, beaches, activity (hiking, biking, etc) wine/champagne tasting, food, cheese, and chocolate. You name it chances are it will sound fun to me. In addition, I am looking for some different ideas for the day I do spend in Paris.
Another thought was to skip Paris altogether and perhaps rent a car or take a train and do northwest France (Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, etc. Or rent car/train to the east, champagne, Strasbourg, etc. Or train to Lausanne and train/drive around Switzerland (Zermatt, Gruyere, etc.). I love the thought of the beautiful mountains and crisp air in Switzerland, but I'm also thinking save it for another time and see parts of France I haven't seen since I must fly in and out of France.
Please help... any and all recommendations would be helpful, even if it is something I haven't mentioned!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Book holiday homes with Kingdom of rentals
- 2 Advice: Tec*h SUPP0RT AOL MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:681:72O8 AOL MAIL 24*7
- 3 London is it worth it?
- 4 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 5 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 6 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 7 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 8 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 9 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 10 free international phone calls
- 11 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 12 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 13 France Study Abroad
- 14 Lisbon
- 15 Airport Transportation
- 16 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 17 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 18 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 21 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 22 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 23 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 24 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 25 Bergan Fjord.. 1 day