I could use some help planning travel! I will be traveling solo and I will arrive in Paris Beauvais airport on Friday, September 2nd at 2:30 PM and depart from CDG on Tuesday, September 6 at 1:30pm. I will not be jet lagged upon arrival as I will have been in Europe one week prior to my arrival in Paris! I will have a good portion of the day when I arrive on Friday and then three full days and Tuesday is pretty much a wash... breakfast and then off to the airport.
I have been to Paris many, many times before and I love it, but I have done the typical tourist stuff and many non-typical tourist stuffs so I am looking for something a little different.
One thought is to stay in Paris the entire time and do two day tours outside of the city. I am interested in a biking and champagne tour I found in Reimes. Also, I would be interested in going to Beaches of Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, Strasbourg, train to Switzerland for the day. I realize staying in Paris the entire time I can't do all of these things, but would love recommendations or what is more feasible time was, what would be more of a wow factor, etc. I like a little bit of everything... culture, beautiful architecture, big cities, small towns, beaches, activity (hiking, biking, etc) wine/champagne tasting, food, cheese, and chocolate. You name it chances are it will sound fun to me. In addition, I am looking for some different ideas for the day I do spend in Paris.
Another thought was to skip Paris altogether and perhaps rent a car or take a train and do northwest France (Normandy, Mont St. Michel, Tours, etc. Or rent car/train to the east, champagne, Strasbourg, etc. Or train to Lausanne and train/drive around Switzerland (Zermatt, Gruyere, etc.). I love the thought of the beautiful mountains and crisp air in Switzerland, but I'm also thinking save it for another time and see parts of France I haven't seen since I must fly in and out of France.
Please help... any and all recommendations would be helpful, even if it is something I haven't mentioned!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 4 italy Cinque Terre
- 5 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 6 San Sebastián
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 9 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 10 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 Can parking
- 13 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 14 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 15 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 16 Driving through Paris
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 19 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 20 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Zurich to Milan trip
- 23 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 24 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 25 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?