My husband and I with our 2 yr. old are looking at traveling to Paris and then to Lorraine/Alsace either in December (Christmas) or the first part of January. We are wanting to spend maybe 3 days in Paris and then a week in the Alsace area.
Any advice would be wonderful as neither one of us have been to France.
Would like to know:
Traveling options between Paris and Alsace? (Preferably the least expensive)
Getting around Alsace; renting a car?
Where to stay in Lorraine/Alsace? (least expensive)
When is the best time to go; December or January?
Must see places to visit
Place to eat or go for hot cocoa, etc.
Outdoor activities; Iceskating, sledding
We are on a budget, but would like to make the most of our time there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 4 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 5 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 6 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 7 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 8 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 9 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 10 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 11 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 12 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 13 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 14 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 15 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 16 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 17 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 18 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 19 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 22 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 23 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 24 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?