My husband and I with our 2 yr. old are looking at traveling to Paris and then to Lorraine/Alsace either in December (Christmas) or the first part of January. We are wanting to spend maybe 3 days in Paris and then a week in the Alsace area.
Any advice would be wonderful as neither one of us have been to France.
Would like to know:
Traveling options between Paris and Alsace? (Preferably the least expensive)
Getting around Alsace; renting a car?
Where to stay in Lorraine/Alsace? (least expensive)
When is the best time to go; December or January?
Must see places to visit
Place to eat or go for hot cocoa, etc.
Outdoor activities; Iceskating, sledding
We are on a budget, but would like to make the most of our time there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 2 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 3 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 4 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 5 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 6 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 7 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Spain in December
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 cheap food in london
- 14 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 15 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 16 Eating Indian In London
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 19 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 20 Sundays in Puglia
- 21 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 22 Itinerary help Portugal and Azores
- 23 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 24 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 25 K-Day