My husband and I with our 2 yr. old are looking at traveling to Paris and then to Lorraine/Alsace either in December (Christmas) or the first part of January. We are wanting to spend maybe 3 days in Paris and then a week in the Alsace area.
Any advice would be wonderful as neither one of us have been to France.
Would like to know:
Traveling options between Paris and Alsace? (Preferably the least expensive)
Getting around Alsace; renting a car?
Where to stay in Lorraine/Alsace? (least expensive)
When is the best time to go; December or January?
Must see places to visit
Place to eat or go for hot cocoa, etc.
Outdoor activities; Iceskating, sledding
We are on a budget, but would like to make the most of our time there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 2 Itinerary Tweaking
- 3 Itinerary Help
- 4 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Hotel in Vienna
- 8 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 9 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 10 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 11 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 12 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 13 Amalfi Coast help
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 17 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 20 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 21 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 22 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 23 If you had to choose one......
- 24 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 25 Need help with itinerary & trains