My husband and I with our 2 yr. old are looking at traveling to Paris and then to Lorraine/Alsace either in December (Christmas) or the first part of January. We are wanting to spend maybe 3 days in Paris and then a week in the Alsace area.
Any advice would be wonderful as neither one of us have been to France.
Would like to know:
Traveling options between Paris and Alsace? (Preferably the least expensive)
Getting around Alsace; renting a car?
Where to stay in Lorraine/Alsace? (least expensive)
When is the best time to go; December or January?
Must see places to visit
Place to eat or go for hot cocoa, etc.
Outdoor activities; Iceskating, sledding
We are on a budget, but would like to make the most of our time there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 2 Spain and South of France
- 3 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 4 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 5 Prague itinerary advice
- 6 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 7 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 8 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 9 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 10 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 11 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 12 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 17 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 18 Self drive tour companies
- 19 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 20 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 21 Italian lakes
- 22 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 23 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 24 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 25 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March