Hi Paris planners!
If you want to play along with me, I'm making a list of new things we should try to do/see in June 2015 with our girls (12 and 9). We will *only* have 4-5 nights.
My husband and I have been 9 (10?) times to Paris (though by no means have seen it all), and we spent 12 days there with the girls in 2013. So we've seen the major attractions.
Here's a list of what we've already seen:
—Musee D'Orsay (many times already... won't go back this trip)
—the Louvre (the 12 year old wants to go again to see the Ancient Egyptian artifacts she is learning about in her social studies class)
—Musee de L'Armee (both girls have gently insisted this is the *first* thing they go back to when we get to Paris. Who knew... they like swords and suits of armor.)
—Eiffel Tour (we lucked out and went up on a sunny day... won't go back up this trip but will watch it sparkle at least once)
—Batobus (we'll probably take at least one trip up and down the loop this trip)
—Musee des Arts et Metiers (older child loved it; younger child "meh")
—Rodin Museum (just saw the gardens in 2013)
—Orangerie (with a long walk all around Tuilleries to Notre Dame)
—Notre Dame (interior and the Cloisters... one of my favorite spots in Paris)
—Luxembourg Gardens (including the playground)
Here's what we're considering in 2015... Of course we can't get to them all, so we need help editing (or adding to the list.)
—Cluny Museum.... the Tapestries were being restored on the last trip... this is a must see on this trip
—Musee Marmottan...I've always wanted to go; the kids and hubs would go for my sake
—Musee Jacquemart-Andre...I just learned of this museum here on Fodors trip reports (as an alternative to the Marmottan, possibly). The interiors look almost more interesting to me than the art to me
—Musee Rodin... The interior of Hotel Biron has always been one of my favorite places in Paris, but we haven't been inside since the renovation and want to this trip. (Maybe the same day we go to the Musee de L'Armee.)
—Shopping! (Not our top priority, of course, but we may go out to Galleries Lafayette if the opportunity presents itself.) I might like to visit E Dehillerin.
—the Louvre... (Ancient Egyptian artifacts at least)
—Tour Montparnasse... maybe an alternate viewing point of Paris?
—How about music performances? Both girls play instruments and love all forms of music. Maybe a Jazz performance or a short classical concert?
What am I missing? (keeping in mind we only have 4-5 nights)
Thanks for the suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 Budapest in December 2017
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 8 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 15 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 16 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 17 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 18 Acropolis Athens
- 19 5 Days in Switzerland
- 20 6-7 Days in France
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 We're here!
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Getting to Bolivia
- 25 Dresden: How Many Nights?
Hi Paris planners!