Hi Paris planners!
If you want to play along with me, I'm making a list of new things we should try to do/see in June 2015 with our girls (12 and 9). We will *only* have 4-5 nights.
My husband and I have been 9 (10?) times to Paris (though by no means have seen it all), and we spent 12 days there with the girls in 2013. So we've seen the major attractions.
Here's a list of what we've already seen:
—Musee D'Orsay (many times already... won't go back this trip)
—the Louvre (the 12 year old wants to go again to see the Ancient Egyptian artifacts she is learning about in her social studies class)
—Musee de L'Armee (both girls have gently insisted this is the *first* thing they go back to when we get to Paris. Who knew... they like swords and suits of armor.)
—Eiffel Tour (we lucked out and went up on a sunny day... won't go back up this trip but will watch it sparkle at least once)
—Batobus (we'll probably take at least one trip up and down the loop this trip)
—Musee des Arts et Metiers (older child loved it; younger child "meh")
—Rodin Museum (just saw the gardens in 2013)
—Orangerie (with a long walk all around Tuilleries to Notre Dame)
—Notre Dame (interior and the Cloisters... one of my favorite spots in Paris)
—Luxembourg Gardens (including the playground)
Here's what we're considering in 2015... Of course we can't get to them all, so we need help editing (or adding to the list.)
—Cluny Museum.... the Tapestries were being restored on the last trip... this is a must see on this trip
—Musee Marmottan...I've always wanted to go; the kids and hubs would go for my sake
—Musee Jacquemart-Andre...I just learned of this museum here on Fodors trip reports (as an alternative to the Marmottan, possibly). The interiors look almost more interesting to me than the art to me
—Musee Rodin... The interior of Hotel Biron has always been one of my favorite places in Paris, but we haven't been inside since the renovation and want to this trip. (Maybe the same day we go to the Musee de L'Armee.)
—Shopping! (Not our top priority, of course, but we may go out to Galleries Lafayette if the opportunity presents itself.) I might like to visit E Dehillerin.
—the Louvre... (Ancient Egyptian artifacts at least)
—Tour Montparnasse... maybe an alternate viewing point of Paris?
—How about music performances? Both girls play instruments and love all forms of music. Maybe a Jazz performance or a short classical concert?
What am I missing? (keeping in mind we only have 4-5 nights)
Thanks for the suggestions!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 travel around Spain
- 2 Tattoos in Italy
- 3 App for restaurants/pubs in the the UK?
- 4 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 8 Anniversary Trip to Ireland
- 9 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...
- 10 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 11 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 12 Cinque Terre Area & Coastal Day Activities
- 13 Restaurants
- 14 Where to stay in Umbria
- 15 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 16 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 17 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 18 Confused on which train pass
- 19 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 20 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 21 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 22 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 23 Gap of Dunloe
- 24 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 25 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
Hi Paris planners!