I haven't been to Paris in almost 40 years -- and with my horrid memory, I might as well have never been there. Besides, when I was there, virtually every museum was on strike.
Now ... DP and me (gay men, 56 & 60) are planning 4 or 5 nights following a business commitment in Ireland. That means we're stuck with late Feb./early March.
We're not fussy about hotels but we are somewhat budget conscious, so will likely book through Priceline or Hotwire.
We'll want to see the standard tourist sites: the Louvre; Notre Dame; Eiffel Tower; the Parthenon (KIDDING!). Also the catacombs.
Are there areas that would be more centrally located for us? There are sooo many "zones" to choose from on Priceline & Hotwire.
Is Paris easy to get around on foot? Are the tourist attractions relatively near each other? We love walking (but it will be cold).
One other question ... we don't speak a word of French (other than "bonjour," "ooh, la, la" and "oui"). Will it be difficult for us to communicate? My recollection is that 40 years ago, no one seemed able (or willing) to speak English.
Thanks for you help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 토토 총판 방법 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 2 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 3 토토 총판 방법 kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017
- 4 advance tickets?
- 5 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 9 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 13 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 14 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 15 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 16 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 17 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 18 Cell Phone Question
- 19 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 22 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 23 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 24 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 25 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich