I haven't been to Paris in almost 40 years -- and with my horrid memory, I might as well have never been there. Besides, when I was there, virtually every museum was on strike.
Now ... DP and me (gay men, 56 & 60) are planning 4 or 5 nights following a business commitment in Ireland. That means we're stuck with late Feb./early March.
We're not fussy about hotels but we are somewhat budget conscious, so will likely book through Priceline or Hotwire.
We'll want to see the standard tourist sites: the Louvre; Notre Dame; Eiffel Tower; the Parthenon (KIDDING!). Also the catacombs.
Are there areas that would be more centrally located for us? There are sooo many "zones" to choose from on Priceline & Hotwire.
Is Paris easy to get around on foot? Are the tourist attractions relatively near each other? We love walking (but it will be cold).
One other question ... we don't speak a word of French (other than "bonjour," "ooh, la, la" and "oui"). Will it be difficult for us to communicate? My recollection is that 40 years ago, no one seemed able (or willing) to speak English.
Thanks for you help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 해외토토 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 사다리분석 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 해외사설 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 Zurich to Milan trip
- 5 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 6 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 9 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 10 Italy Car Scam
- 11 Quizz !
- 12 Pay attention to your watches !
- 13 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 14 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 15 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 16 car insurance italy
- 17 Christmas Day in Granada
- 18 a group of old friends traveling to croatia
- 19 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 20 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 21 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 22 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 23 Venice/Mestre
- 24 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 25 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018