My wife and I with our two kids (5/7) fly into Paris on morning of 13th May. We need to be in Zurich on 23rd May. This gives us 10 nights.
Option 1: Paris - Lyon - Nice region for 3-3-4 nights and then fly into Zurich from Nice. Flights look expensive though. I was planning on taking the train throughout but I read a thread where someone rented a car in Lyon and said car was essential for the riviera region. Thoughts?
Option 2: Paris - Bruges - Amsterdam for 3-3-4 nights or any other option. In this case, we fly from either Amsterdam to Zurich or do this in reverse and take the TGV Lyria from Paris to Zurich. Again train here throughout.
Visiting family in Zurich so that leg is taken care of.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Language to use in Belgium
- 6 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 7 Istanbul at Easter
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Palermo Apartment
- 10 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 13 SURPRISE TRIP
- 14 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 15 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 18 Barcelona - places to stay
- 19 Fado in Lisbon
- 20 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 21 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 22 Help with Italy Itinerary
- 23 Moldova and Transnistria
- 24 Camogli and surrounds
- 25 Central London indoor swimming locations