We will be in Paris for the first time in July and I hope to find a good walking tour(s) geared to young teens. I've found adult tours and kid tours on line...an overwhelming number actually...but my kids do not fully fit in either the adult or young child category. They are good travelers and love good tours but aren't quite at the full adult level for many things.
I would be ok doing a private tour(s) and breaking things up as needed and we would do as much as we can afford to do. We have 4 full days and we like to do about 2 couple hour things a day and possibly an evening thing. I would like them to see the major sights and actually go into major sights...... but also just see unique aspects of the city like markets and shops etc. and get recommendations for restaurants.
Honestly, I am nervous about getting us around the city, we live in a rural area and I have never really had the opportunity to use public transportation. Are there people who meet you at the hotel and take you around showing you how to navigate the city/public transportation as well as teaching the history or the sights? is this going to be prohibitively expensive?
I would love recommendations for tours/companies/individuals for...
The main sights.... Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Opera House, Notre-Dame...any others? Any Gardens?...should we book our Eiffel Tower and Notre-Dame tours separately or can we go inside and learn about them as part of a longer walking tour.
The Louvre with a tour at teen level
Would you recommend catacombs?
Montmarte...would the kids like this?
Anything I am missing? Anything I should skip? We plan to have 4 full days. For reference, we will be coming from Amsterdam where we will have been in the Hague area and seen the Van Gogh Museum and Anne Frank Museum. We hope to head down to the Avignon/Arles/Nimes area ....for castles, walled city, roman ruins after Paris then Dorgone...for caves or East Coast for beaches/dunes. I will post questions about that separately!
Thank you so much for any help you can give!
"Complete novice in France" Belinda
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 4 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 5 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 6 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Juangfrau / mt
- 11 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Italy
Paris walking tour recommendation for teen/tweens--complete novices!