My wife and I are from South Africa and planning a trip in June this year. We land in Paris and leave from Venice. We plan on spending 3 nights in paris, then making our way south to Tours by train and then hiring a car and expolring the Loire Valley for a couple of days. Not sure where to go there - so suggestions welcome.
From there we plan on going south towards the coast then crossing the boarder and into Italy. We want to spend time in Florence and surrounds then make our way up to Venice.
We have roughly 10 nights for France and 10 for Italy and have only booked the 3 nights for Paris so far.
I really would appreciate some advice on places to do and see. We want to experience French and Italian country side, small towns, fine food etc - with a bit of the obvious tourist big city stuff.
Should we be hiring a car for the whole trip? Should be dropping off car in France and then hiring another in Italy etc [is that a cheaper option?]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 2 Europe First Timers
- 3 Thinking about the Fjords
- 4 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 5 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 6 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Uber vs. TfL
- 9 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 10 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 13 Greek Village
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 16 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 17 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 18 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 21 Athens Help
- 22 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 23 Berlin -clubs
- 24 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 25 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland