My wife and I are from South Africa and planning a trip in June this year. We land in Paris and leave from Venice. We plan on spending 3 nights in paris, then making our way south to Tours by train and then hiring a car and expolring the Loire Valley for a couple of days. Not sure where to go there - so suggestions welcome.
From there we plan on going south towards the coast then crossing the boarder and into Italy. We want to spend time in Florence and surrounds then make our way up to Venice.
We have roughly 10 nights for France and 10 for Italy and have only booked the 3 nights for Paris so far.
I really would appreciate some advice on places to do and see. We want to experience French and Italian country side, small towns, fine food etc - with a bit of the obvious tourist big city stuff.
Should we be hiring a car for the whole trip? Should be dropping off car in France and then hiring another in Italy etc [is that a cheaper option?]
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 2 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 3 Madrid food advice needed
- 4 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Villa Ephrussi Rothschild
- 8 Algarve - is it for me?
- 9 Amsterdam Anne Frank House
- 10 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 11 Itinery help Crete
- 12 Naples + Walking Tour
- 13 Madrid, Andalucia, Barcelona in May
- 14 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 15 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 16 TIM in FCO - update
- 17 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 18 16 days in France and Italy
- 19 Street parking in Barcelona?
- 20 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 Swiss Train Travel Help
- 23 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 24 Iceland trip report!
- 25 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip