I've started thinking about another trip with the family to Paris (and Burgundy) next spring/summer, and we'll want to stay in a rental apartment like we always have.
I just read a comment from Kerouac on another post strongly implying that vacation rentals in 2015 will be gone... or at the very least a be a difficult option... because Paris is finally cracking down on the legislation. I'd love to see more discussion about this issue.
Will self-catering rentals in Paris really go away? Will they just become more difficult to find, or be left to a handful of corporate rental companies (which would drive a premium on the rentals).
The agent we used last year explained to us (and this may or may not be truth) that the law applies only to unregistered rentals, and that companies that are in the commercial rental business and pay their fees legally will be able to continue renting. We shared that apartment with another couple, and payed a high premium for a luxury 3 bedroom/3 bath apartment by Invalides---so it's unlikely I'd return to that apartment next year with just us and the kids. But she said rentals like that, where the owner has applied for the permit and pays the fees, will continue renting legally.
So please tell me, is that an accurate understanding of the law? Are there rental agencies that are already positioning themselves this way? If so, I imagine this law will effectively drive up the price of vacation rentals for "legit" rentals. Or will people continue to book with VRBO and ignore the law, and run risk of their rental being unavailable when they land?
Obviously, there seems to be no noticeable decrease in available apartments when you google Paris apartments, including many of the usual suspects and well-loved Fodors favorites. But is that starting to change?
Fodors Paris pros... what do you all think? Care to wager a guess what 2015 will be like? Will they be successful stopping all self-catering apartments? Are they mostly cracking down on people using VRBO and Air BNB and less on the agencies that rent them through more formal/established commercial channels?
Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 샌즈카지노■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■생방송바카라バ생방송바카라
- 2 바카라연구소■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■인터넷바카라주소た인터넷바카라주소
- 3 카지노쿠폰■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■라이브카지노っ라이브카지노
- 4 카지노방법■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■카지노추천ぞ카지노추천
- 5 Short Trip in July
- 6 SHIP LUGGAGE
- 7 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 10 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 11 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Connection time in Athens?
- 14 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 15 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 16 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 17 Escorted Tours
- 18 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 19 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 20 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 21 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 22 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 23 London GTG in June, Anyone?
- 24 2 Months in Sicily
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?