I've started thinking about another trip with the family to Paris (and Burgundy) next spring/summer, and we'll want to stay in a rental apartment like we always have.
I just read a comment from Kerouac on another post strongly implying that vacation rentals in 2015 will be gone... or at the very least a be a difficult option... because Paris is finally cracking down on the legislation. I'd love to see more discussion about this issue.
Will self-catering rentals in Paris really go away? Will they just become more difficult to find, or be left to a handful of corporate rental companies (which would drive a premium on the rentals).
The agent we used last year explained to us (and this may or may not be truth) that the law applies only to unregistered rentals, and that companies that are in the commercial rental business and pay their fees legally will be able to continue renting. We shared that apartment with another couple, and payed a high premium for a luxury 3 bedroom/3 bath apartment by Invalides---so it's unlikely I'd return to that apartment next year with just us and the kids. But she said rentals like that, where the owner has applied for the permit and pays the fees, will continue renting legally.
So please tell me, is that an accurate understanding of the law? Are there rental agencies that are already positioning themselves this way? If so, I imagine this law will effectively drive up the price of vacation rentals for "legit" rentals. Or will people continue to book with VRBO and ignore the law, and run risk of their rental being unavailable when they land?
Obviously, there seems to be no noticeable decrease in available apartments when you google Paris apartments, including many of the usual suspects and well-loved Fodors favorites. But is that starting to change?
Fodors Paris pros... what do you all think? Care to wager a guess what 2015 will be like? Will they be successful stopping all self-catering apartments? Are they mostly cracking down on people using VRBO and Air BNB and less on the agencies that rent them through more formal/established commercial channels?
Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 생중계카지노게임→之【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】之←슈퍼카지노생중계카지노게임
- 2 생방송카지노게임→网【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】网←슈퍼카지노생방송카지노게임
- 3 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 4 라이브카지노게임→强【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】强←슈퍼카지노
- 5 강원랜드카지노게임→皇【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】皇←슈퍼카지노
- 6 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 7 월드라이브카지노게임→友【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】友←슈퍼카지노
- 8 아이라이브카지노게임→伍【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】伍←슈퍼카지노
- 9 아비아카지노게임→汉【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】汉←슈퍼카지노아비아카지노게임
- 10 카지노배팅게임→与【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】与←슈퍼카지노카지노배팅게임
- 11 월드스타게임→广【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】广←슈퍼카지노월드스타게임
- 12 라이브룰렛게임→飞【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】飞←슈퍼카지노라이브룰렛게임
- 13 해외카지노게임→了【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】了←슈퍼카지노해외카지노게임
- 14 라이브바둑이게임→冷【↘ YE265。ZE。AM ↙】冷←슈퍼카지노라이브바둑이게임
- 15 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 16 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 17 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 18 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 19 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 20 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 21 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 22 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 23 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 24 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 25 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla